• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hoped to love RO2

i can run any UE3 game max settings at 60 fps without a hitch, in fact any new release medium or more.
This game is terribly optimized. you dont have to go far to find that out.
its hardly outdated hardware.

not only that, but if u look. people have slow fps no matter what their gfx settings are. I could put RO2 on ultra and it stays the same.
pretty terrible then :(

What CPU are you using? Because what you are discribing sounds like a CPU issue not not VGA. Changing game settings with no different in performance means CPU not VGA.

Reactions: OnCrack
Upvote 0
I think a lot of RO1 players dislike this game because for the past years they have created in their mind what a perfect RO2 will be.

Me being an RO1 player up and to the point where RO2 came out, did not try to make a mental image of "My RO2", instead I kind of went into RO2 hoping it would appeal to a more broad spectrum of gamers

Upvote 0
i can run any UE3 game max settings at 60 fps without a hitch, in fact any new release medium or more.
This game is terribly optimized. you dont have to go far to find that out.
its hardly outdated hardware.

not only that, but if u look. people have slow fps no matter what their gfx settings are. I could put RO2 on ultra and it stays the same.
pretty terrible then :(

I am not trying to diss your hardware. In fact I used to own a GTS250 before I upgrade to my current GTX460. The card is a fine card of course but what you have to realize is the GTS250 is in fact a 9800GTX+ but with a new "GTS" name tag. The difference in performance is + or - 5% between the two cards. The 9800GTX was released in 2009. So you are using a two+ year old VGA card on a 2011 game and having issues. This is a no brainer my friend....Time to upgrade!

Upvote 0
AMD Phenom II x4 810

There's so many people with different issues, even people with i7's and 590 gtx's have problems, so im confident its not me.

When you install the game you have an option to install an AMD CPU driver correct? This must be the performance issue because I simply cancelled that option because I am using an Intel CPU. The game has no issues for me. Matter of fact the game runs better then most games!

Upvote 0
I would like to have my voice heard here as well:

The complaining about how the RO franchise has turned into more cod-like is sort of valid. But most of the features implemented to RO2 aren't the cause for that, the cause for that are the maps. They're not as large as in RO1, or some of the maps that are, aren't built like RO1 maps.

This adds a more fast-paced gameplay than RO1 fans are used to. To be honest, I found it quite funny that as an attacking axis machinegunner I could mostly just run & gun my way from base to the enemy's cap zone with hip-firing the MG and having a couple of pistol shots. That would've never happened in RO1, because of map design.

However, I do believe that the mod community of RO1 will come to RO2 and like in RO1, the best maps will be community-made maps. And since the RO2 map/mod community consists of RO1 mappers, you'll probably find more RO1 styled maps after a while. Just give it time.

Also, since the game is built around the battle of stalingrad, tripwire can't really put out maps that don't seem like stalingrad (which was mostly close quarters fights, like in the game now), but that doesn't bind the map community, I think we will see remakes of our favorite maps like zhitomir41, Tula outskirts, kalingradkessel and so forth.

What I'd like to say is: Give the map community time to make RO2 as great of a game as RO1 was.

Upvote 0
I am not trying to diss your hardware. In fact I used to own a GTS250 before I upgrade to my current GTX460. The card is a fine card of course but what you have to realize is the GTS250 is in fact a 9800GTX+ but with a new "GTS" name tag. The difference in performance is + or - 5% between the two cards. The 9800GTX was released in 2009. So you are using a two+ year old VGA card on a 2011 game and having issues. This is a no brainer my friend....Time to upgrade!

Im sorry man, but you are wrong, I am running this game on everything ultra/turned on except for shadows on high and foliage on low + AA low with a 1gb 8800gt akimbo and a q6600 which is on the g92 core. GTS250/9800gtx+ is a refresh of that card. Please read the “Regarding performance” thread for the correct explanation as to why some cards/cpus are choking. He does not need to upgrade rather just wait for performance optimizations.

Also greetings from a fellow torontonian!

Edit-I should point out im running at 1280x1024 res, but that is besides the point. the
architecture of the card remains largely the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The complaining about how the RO franchise has turned into more cod-like is sort of valid. But most of the features implemented to RO2 aren't the cause for that, the cause for that are the maps. They're not as large as in RO1, or some of the maps that are, aren't built like RO1 maps.

This adds a more fast-paced gameplay than RO1 fans are used to. To be honest, I found it quite funny that as an attacking axis machinegunner I could mostly just run & gun my way from base to the enemy's cap zone with hip-firing the MG and having a couple of pistol shots. That would've never happened in RO1, because of map design.

However, I do believe that the mod community of RO1 will come to RO2 and like in RO1, the best maps will be community-made maps. And since the RO2 map/mod community consists of RO1 mappers, you'll probably find more RO1 styled maps after a while. Just give it time.

Also, since the game is built around the battle of stalingrad, tripwire can't really put out maps that don't seem like stalingrad (which was mostly close quarters fights, like in the game now), but that doesn't bind the map community, I think we will see remakes of our favorite maps like zhitomir41, Tula outskirts, kalingradkessel and so forth.

What I'd like to say is: Give the map community time to make RO2 as great of a game as RO1 was.

Let's first get the game fixed right :p ?

Upvote 0

You're right of course. This is where the COD comparisin comes in. With maps so small you don't even have time to move into a position and plan anything. By the time you move up, find a good firing place to hunker down the map is reset! There is no fun in that because the contradiction is there can be no realisim if all you are doing is staring at the spawn screen.

This was a huge oversight on the game makers part. They took the one thing that made RO so popular. They took away the feeling of being in WW2 out!!

Upvote 0
Im sorry man, but you are wrong, I am running this game on everything ultra/turned on except for shadows on high and foliage on low + AA low with a 1gb 8800gt akimbo and a q6600 which is on the g92 core. GTS250/9800gtx+ is a refresh of that card. Please read the “Regarding performance” thread for the correct explanation as to why some cards/cpus are choking. He does not need to upgrade rather just wait for performance optimizations.

Also greetings from a fellow torontonian!

Nice! I was born and raised in the beeches area of GTA. Queen-Woodbine area. I was a 10 min walk from the Olimpic Pool...

Upvote 0