• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamespy Review - 4/5 out of 5!!!

Unfortunately, that's the problem with the "instant want" of the internet society - reviews happen same day as a release in order to be the 'first' review to make it online driving web visits. The problem with release day reviews is most games have issues on the first day - whether caused by issues with the delivery on Steam's end, or issues with the developers moving something wrong into the codebase while packaging it up, crap happens. The GAME review should be focused on the GAME, not on the immediate bugs.

It would be nice if all game review sites agreed to all review games at the same time two weeks after release in order to actually review the game in a post release state, but of course that's not gonna happen. Perhaps the good sites should have an initial review, and then a 1 month follow-up review. This would be a better review for the buyer, especially for those purchasers like me who don't usually buy a game on launch. It would be a review of post-production support that a developer gives a game, and TWI would be on top, while some other groups wouldn't.

Upvote 0
That's why Gamespy didn't ask you or anybody else to tell them how judge.

Gamespy has been covering RO probably since the begining, hell they're known by everybody who plays PC games to some deecent extent.... hell they cover just about everything that has any relation to a "game" thus if I was going to listen to any game review, It'd be theirs over any chatter-opinions from people who pop out of nowhere posting no-name game review sites that note a zero out of 10.

Whoopty do for your review mr. web site... who the hell are you & why do I care what you think?

Good on you Trippy'W, keep rattling the cages & scare the crap out of EA & Activision...... they've been around fo as long as I've been alive, or close to. They've been in the gaming world since the Atari & C64's were still in their prime.

And here you guys are.... not only are you guys & your hard work being mentioned in the same breath as these giants in the industry...... but the industry itself is begining to push you guys beyond their products, their champions in the FPS arena...bf & cod..... and the industry will place you among other giants in the industry soon enough if this pace keeps up.

Take a breath and suck in the moment. You guys earned it.....

Ok, time's up, now get back to those patches and don't screw everything up by going Elvis on us with the fame & money.... going all fat, drugged up and have a heart attack while taking a dump.... you're playing with the big boys now.... this ain't no suzie'joe's lady's pic'nic anymore.... you're no longer in relaxed realism! You're all in the s**t now.... MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!

j/k, just kidding, don't ban me bro;)

You're nothing if not predictable. Had Gamespy given the RO2 a 5, you'd be screaming the opposite. Come on, people have been overly harsh on RO2, but no way it should get a 9/10 in it's current state. Geez, a 9/10 is for an earth shattering, unique, revolutionary, smooth running, state of the art game with perfect and easy game play mechanics. You've destroyed any credibility you may arguably have had by gung-ho'ing a pie-in-the-sky 9/10, just as have those calling it a 4!

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
I wonder how much that score cost in USD.

I wonder when you'll stop taking surly pot-shots because you're not happy with the game? :) You can only kick shins for so long, and I'm sure it isn't hurting much either.

I understand you're a bit miffed, but you could at least provide some constructive criticism - folding your arms and sticking out your bottom lip, or indeed filling a post with stuff that hits the word censor and calling RO2 a "turd" - really isn't achieving much. Aside from painting a portrait of yourself for the community, of course :)

Upvote 0
It's a great review although i really don't agree with ''only 10 maps'' being a con since more than that would result in people being confused for the next year trying to figure out what to do in those map and learn the objectives. Not to mention those maps are 3-4 times bigger than usual (which is great for 64 players match).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a great review although i really don't agree with ''only 10 maps'' being a con since more than that would result in people being confused for the next year trying to figure out what to do in those map and learn the objectives. Not to mention those maps are 3-4 times bigger than usual (which is great for 64 players match).

I didn't get the "only," either. Ten maps is plenty. Since when has a COD or BFBC title been released with more? They've PRODUCED more, but only so that they can charge $15 for each 4-map DLC release.

Upvote 0