• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Low Performance, lets go helping.

Makino

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2005
Brazil
www.hitconfirm.com.br
I know that are many threads on this problem so my idea is simple.

Lets go and try to pinpoint the culprit of the most bizarre performance problems.

I think its good to do it throughly so ppl can stop saying "its your pc" or even find that it really is your pc so i will ask many things.

Anyone willing to help, please do so.

Pretty please, try to fill everything.

First we need the following:
- The exact problem you have (stuttering, low fps)
- Average FPS in-game
- PC Specs.
- PC temperatures while running the game.
- Are you running Anti virus software? Which one?
- Are you using the lastest drivers?
- How much Virtual memory you have. And HD space remaining?
- GPU usage while playing.
- Does changing the game quality affects your FPS?

I would like screenshots too please:
- In game screenshot of stat fps, stat unit and stat memory.
- In game Settings.
- Video card control panel settings.

Extras:
- Whatever you feel necessary.
- Do a stat perfdump and post the .dmp on the stickied post.

With this i think we can help you or TWI to some extent, try some "solutions" and report if it worked or not.

*****UPDATE*****
Things that might work:

- Disabling Steam Overlay: as seen on this thread http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64035.

- If you lowered your Flip Queue Size (a.k.a Render Frames Ahead), turn that to default again.

Workarounds:

- Raise the Flip Queue Size.

Unconfirmed things:

- Set the RO2 process to real-time.

- Set Virtual memory really high.

No changes:

- Disabling Cool And Quiet / Speedstep / Windows Power Management.

- Changing CPU affinity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioska
Well, I have been having some shuttering with the game, as well as low fps for my system config.

My specs are:

-Intel Quad Core Q6600 (2.40GHz)
-3GB Ram
-32bits Windows 7
-ATI Radeon 5770

My pc temperatures are quite nice, and never get too high when playing.

I have the latest drivers, actually updated them yesterday.
Strangely, the only real change to FPS I find through messing with the settings is disabling Light Shafts, which seem to increase my fps for about 5-7 more, but the rest is the same betwean Ultra and Medium, about 26-32.

The shuttering, however, never stops. Also, my fps go down to 18 when aiming through a scope. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
good idea OP. i get generally unstable performance on most any setting. recommended (high) runs like garbage. i'm using the latest drivers, i have most of my card settings to application controlled and mipmap level at performance, average fps on default settings is 20-60 fps, and it dips at complete random. you can see most of my other stats like vram and such in the attached log file. also attached my latest crash dmp file.

i can get some screens in a moment. between this and the lag, i just gave up on playing for now.

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.09.14-16.10.07.dmp
    374.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch.log
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
screen caps requested:

something i do see from these, and, i'm not sure if this is normal or not, but it says no physical memory is being used.

Attachments

• 2011-09-14_00002.jpg
    2011-09-14_00002.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-14_00004.jpg
    2011-09-14_00004.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-14_00005.jpg
    2011-09-14_00005.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-14_00006.jpg
    2011-09-14_00006.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-14_00007.jpg
    2011-09-14_00007.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Specs:
CPU: Intel Q8300
GPU: Radeon HD 5770
MB: ASUS P5QLD Pro
RAM: 4GB DDR2-800
Latest drivers

Performance:
BAD. Even on the lowest possible settings (1080p, vsync off) the fps may drop to under 30 in open areas. My rig can run pretty much every recent game at 1080p, 2-4*AA, 8-16*AF, and at least medium settings. But RO2 runs so bad it is not even funny any more.

Upvote 0
First we need the following:
I am getting inconsistent FPS even with low settings vs Ultra.

The game average FPS is hard to tell but sometimes it goes from 60-54-45-30-50-60-64 (with v sync on)

My PC Specs are
i7 930 @ 3.5GHZ
GTX 580
Corsair 12GB
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1999478

Here is my PC temperatures when i am running the game as well as the GPU usage. (This was taken standing still and looking at a wall, you can see the usage is inconsistent as well)
My CPU temp ranges about 50-60C
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22659347/Capture.JPG

I am running Microsoft essentials as my antivirus

I am using the latest Nvidia Drivers available

I have 12 GB of virtual memory paged, and 240GB left on my hard drive

Changing the game settings quality does not affect the performance, the inconsistent FPS is consistent through all the settings

Upvote 0
Low FPS, perhaps 20-30 FPS, on MEDIUM, but I should be able to play it on High with no issues.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 processor (2.66ghz)
5.44gigs of RAM
nVidia 9800gt 1024mb Video Card
Over 1tb of HDD memory remaining
Latest drivers
Malwarebytes and Avast A.V., both disabled during gameplay and added to exceptions
No overheating, system runs cool

Performance should be incredible on this game, I can play Crysis 2, Starcraft II, Dead Island, etc.. on Max settings across the board.
This game just seems poorly optimized. It's on UE3, I don't get it (albeit a modified UE3, but that's still what it is at the core).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Low FPS 25-35 FPS in closed areas and buildings, 5-18 fps in open areas with major lag and sound stuttering, this is the same FPS in Ultra, High, Medium, Low settings doesnt make a difference which i try all same performance. Upon Beta release i had no issues after the 2nd patch which introduced the first set of new maps (Barracks/Grain) my performance was destroyed.

- Average FPS: 25

- AMD Dual Core 2.83Ghz 64-Bit, 4GB Ram, Nvidia GTX460 1GB(OC to 850mhz), Windows 7 64-Bit. - Resolution: 1920 x 1080

- Temp: CPU 45, GPU 55

- Are you running Anti virus software? ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4(ROGame.exe in exclusion list)

- Are you using the lastest drivers? Yes: 280.26

- Virtual memory: 4GB , HDD space remaining: 58GB

- GPU usage while playing: Average 30%, Max 50%

- Does changing the game quality affects your FPS? Not really

Running BFBC2 in full settings no issue, recently run Deus Ex HR in High no problem, any previous games ive had no issues in high or highest settings, this is first game to be very poor regardless of setting choice, but only since 2nd patch in Beta, first few days of Beta was perfect.

Upvote 0
Low FPS, perhaps 20-30 FPS, on MEDIUM, but I should be able to play it on High with no issues.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 processor (2.66ghz)
5.44gigs of RAM
nVidia 9800gt 1024mb Video Card
Over 1tb of HDD memory remaining
Latest drivers
Malwarebytes and Avast A.V., both disabled during gameplay and added to exceptions
No overheating, system runs cool

Performance should be incredible on this game, I can play Crysis 2, Starcraft II, Dead Island, etc.. on Max settings across the board.
This game just seems poorly optimized. It's on UE3, I don't get it (albeit a modified UE3, but that's still what it is at the core).

and both official UE3 games (UT3 and GoW) on PC look and play far better.

Upvote 0
Can you guys give screenshots specifically of stat unit while in game? It seems your GPU's are not working at full because the game is taking too much time on the CPU threads. The reason, dunno.

With my pc (phenon 2 x3 720 2.8ghz) the CPU stat only jumps into yellow when entering very open and crowded areas. Normally it keeps at 20ms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Core 2 quad Q8400 @ 2.66ghz
4GB DDR2
Radeon HD5750 1GBDDR5 oced to 5770 specs
SB Audigy 2

I have a feeling this game doesn't like running at 1440X900 resolution, at least on my pc. If you run that try changing it. I have everything set to high except post processing is set to lowest and shadows on medium with AA set to the lowest.

I rarely get under 30fps... although there are times still it dips into the teens like during artillery on 64player servers.

Upvote 0
Making an observation here;

It seems people with the 57xx cards (myself included) are getting crappy performance...

DESPITE the fact that the 5750 is the official recommended card for RO2!

Were you in Beta? If so this should be of no surprise to you. I'm running 2 of the 6xxx cards from AMD and get worse performance than my friend who uses an Nvidia 8800 GTS

Upvote 0
I'm on a Quad Core 3.2ghz, Windows 7 64bit
4Gigs of DDR3 RAM /4096Page File
320Gig HD with 100Gig free at all times, and currently 0-1% Fragmented
HD 5750 w/ 1Gig DDR5 VRAM, 11.8 (Most recent) Drivers

My CPU Temps will hit 56C max when playing RO2, and my GPU Temps never even reach 70C (Which is odd, I run hotter playing frickin Minecraft)

My Framerate is all over the scale, it'll drop to the low teens in-doors in Station, And the amount of stuff on my screen does not change the framerate, I can look at 20 players in side, then look at my feet, and still be in the low teens. Yet outside, looking from German Spawn to Russian spawn, can grab over 40 frames per second, and in other maps it can hit 60. It's just sporadic. Microstutters also make a new appearance and are more annoying than the low frames. Whenever Arty falls, or I turn real fast to look another direction. I have a hunch on what MIGHT be causing that, that I'm going to try to fix via editing the .ini file, and will report back on that later.

No Anti Virus being run, only 52 Processes total (Windows 7 for ya) But that's including Steam, and Xfire. Steam Overlay turned off of course, Xfire isn't supported at the moment either

The game seems to run the same, no matter the settings, and the higher Ambient Occlusion is, the worse it runs. Other than that I can pretty much set the settings to whatever the hell I want and get the same performance. I get WORSE performance with 1 Frame Thread Lag switched OFF, and with Framerate Smoothing turned ON

All my Video card settings are set to application controlled EXCEPT FOR: MipMapping Detail, which is max, Flip Queue (Which is basically Render Frames Ahead) which is set to 1. And Catalyst AI enabled. No difference Enabling or Disabling Catalyst AI. GPU usage in-game is about 70-80%

Screenshots in-game of Stat FPS/Memory/Unit. Full 64 player server. Excuse the bad compression, that's FRAPS and saving as .jpg, I didn't feel like converting PNG's to JPG in Photoshop

rogame2011-09-1417-19-44-18.jpg

rogame2011-09-1417-20-05-57.jpg

rogame2011-09-1417-21-42-82.jpg

In-game Settings:
rogame2011-09-1417-24-58-72.jpg

Lot of stuttering, Lot of times framerate just drops to the low teens. Smoke is a real killer but not as bad as just turning 180 degrees

*Edit:
After reviewing Stat Memory, I'm going to disable my paging file

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Core 2 quad Q8400 @ 2.66ghz
4GB DDR2
Radeon HD5750 1GBDDR5 oced to 5770 specs
SB Audigy 2

I have a feeling this game doesn't like running at 1440X900 resolution, at least on my pc. If you run that try changing it. I have everything set to high except post processing is set to lowest and shadows on medium with AA set to the lowest.

I rarely get under 30fps... although there are times still it dips into the teens like during artillery on 64player servers.

Hmmm you how much of change you get just by changing resolutions? And to what resolution you changed into?

Upvote 0