• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add GRENADES to weapon progression

RAMMSTEINx510

Aug 29, 2011
Wisconsin
TWI please add grenades to the weapon progression charts. This way we can at least keep track of how many kills, and our accuracy with them. It would be nice to be able to level them up as well. Some attributes could be:
- longer cooking time
- faster pin pull
- longer throwing distance
- larger blast radius (very minimal add on)
and an unlock for them could be:
- different look to them, or a subtle change that would not affect gameplay to an extent, such as a different emblem for a grenade kill. like maybe a star next to it.

I just think that many of those suggestions don't make any sense.
-longer cooking time, unrealistic and adds nothing to the game besides newbies trying to run around with cooked grenades.
-faster pin pull, quite useless as you need to aim the grenade first anyways.
-longer throwing distance, this could help you just as much as it blocks you. Grenades are not supposed to be thrown far distances, they are for CQB, lets keep them optimised for doing that.
-larger blast radius, not realistic and would only compliment nade spamming and teamkilling.
-I don't see the point in having a different kill icon at al.

Upvote 0
Well not really for the idea, but everybody is allowed there opinion.

To go along with this post:

Farther throwing distance would be cool ( I remember in basic training I LAUNCHED the hell out of my grenade, felt so good {Drill sgt told me good throw made me smile})

We could have better throws from prone position, takes a little bit of experience to throw a grenade from prone.

Could have "accurate" throws. (Would mean have less accurate throws at start)

You could have faster switch times to grenades.

But best unlock and the only unlock I'm for is...ready for it?

Switch back to Rifle after throwing quick Grenade!
(Or still having rifle out while throwing quick grenade? maybe{not really realistic})

But if you wanted grenade unlocks you could add the german "strap many grenades together to make one UBER grenade" unlock.

Or the ability to MELEE with the potato smasher (can you do this now?)

Anyway, just having fun with it. Man tuff crowd huh? Let the guy have his opinion.

Upvote 0