• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

• Yes, another 2 weeks

Votes: 249 35.1%
  • Yes, 1 month, at least.

Votes: 178 25.1%
  • No, the game should be fine by launch.

Votes: 282 39.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They have a week to optimize the game, and it better be optimized. Simply turning corners makes my system cringe, let alone aiming at a moving target.

Sorry but, if you hadn't noticed, they need to do a LOT more than just optimize performance. The game's state is like an early first month beta. No where near where it should be one week from launch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys they can still fix problems when the game is released. I mean the game may have some bugs, but it's not like its not playable.

Right, but the problem is first impressions.

Killing Floor lost a lot of sales because it was buggy at launch. It's much better now, but a lot of people passed on KF because of all the launch-date bugs.

You can only make one first impression...

Upvote 0
Considering the massive amount of bugs I'd say at least a month. Though I think the game will do better the earlier it's released taking into account the competition this fall. I don't even bother posting bugs in the technical forum as the task seems insurmountable.

The game is still great though and once the technical issues are sorted it will be a gem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering the massive amount of bugs I'd say at least two weeks. I don't even bother posting bugs in the technical forum as the task seems insurmountable.

You would be amazed what a small team of dedicated programmers can accomplish in very little time.

Plus, many of the bugs tie into one another. One misplaced variable may cause poor hit detection, misaligned ironsights, and a slew of other issues, for example. Fixing that may fix everything else.

Just sayin'.

Upvote 0
I doubt it will be delayed, if its not 100% finished im sure there will be an patch realeased a week or 2 after the 13th, although the bugs/patch idea will probably confuse the new idiots we have picked up.

I myself was surprised to even hear that the game was going to be released on AUG 30th in the first place so i figured this would happen.
TWI ILL WAIT FOR YOU

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealGunther
Upvote 0
Optimization is just one of my many concerns--there are many that I don't want to list.

True. Looking at the amount of bugs alone, 1 week might be enough time (maybe), but looking at everything else... whether they want to improve the game system or not (squads, commander, gunplay, game modes, tanks, etc...), actual gameplay tweaks... it's looking unlikely.

I mean, half the beta is nearly by us, and while CTD's and fine bugs are expected, this plays more like an alpha (and i've played many more stable Alphas than RO2). It's just a shame that the beta couldn't have been more gameplay tweaking, opposed to most beta testers fighting CTD's, game-breaking bugs, and a server browser that's worked only a few days so far.

Upvote 0
I doubt it will be delayed, if its not 100% finished im sure there will be an patch realeased a week or 2 after the 13th, although the bugs/patch idea will probably confuse the new idiots we have picked up.

I myself was surprised to even hear that the game was going to be released on AUG 30th in the first place so i figured this would happen.
TWI ILL WAIT FOR YOU

The poll isn't a question of doubt or not, but rather whether you think the game needs more time.

Upvote 0
Well, it's not up to me, but let's just say I would understand if they did decide to delay it further. Actually I'd prefer if they did. As already mentioned, the first impression is important, and it's a great game that doesn't deserve to get judged based on bugs that will eventually get fixed, thanks to TWI's excellent post-release support.

Upvote 0
Right, but the problem is first impressions.

Killing Floor lost a lot of sales because it was buggy at launch. It's much better now, but a lot of people passed on KF because of all the launch-date bugs.

You can only make one first impression...

I bet a lot of those people came back to KF after the innumerable free weekends and sales though.

Also most places that have reviewed RO2 have loved it so far.

Upvote 0
I doubt it will be delayed, if its not 100% finished im sure there will be an patch realeased a week or 2 after the 13th, although the bugs will probably confuse the new idiots we have picked up.

TWI ILL WAIT FOR YOU

I agree as of now the gameplay its self beats other fps's hands down in my opinion.Many games are released with minor bugs and I have full confidence in TWI they will work hard on fixing them all even if it don't make release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to say, I'm completely shocked by the number of bugs. I got into this beta thinking I was going to be reporting possible optimizations, but it seems like those are all out the window due to the number of bugs. I have played many betas and I have never seen one this buggy. The BF3 alpha was months ahead of release, and it had far fewer bugs.

The game really does need to be delayed a little. I'm scared if they don't they will focus too much on fixing bugs, and wont ever fix the other things that need to be fixed like the ridiculous bandaging system.

Upvote 0