• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

trader spawn

trader spawn

• Trader closer

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • More time

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Trader closer and more time

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • The trader is ok as it is

Votes: 33 76.7%

• Total voters

funlyon

Aug 14, 2011
I want know tripwireinteravtiver. Why did you make the game spawn the trader 100m from us when we got only like 30 sec?! That the worst thing in game. Wtf were u guys thinking? When you play on normal,hard, or hell on earth. You dont got time run to trader and back to your spot. I mean when it 100 m on hell on earth,may as well say "**** trader,we are not going". If you guys say so you can run there when killing. That even worst.Half of time we cant run there or we kill last zed, so really.WHY DID YOU MAKE IT WHERE TRADER SPAWN SO FAIR AWAY?! It would be cool to put patch where trader spawn closer to you and not 150m when you got 30 sec to run there and back to your spot

Last edited:
I want know tripwireinteravtiver. Why did you make the game spawn the trader 100m from us when we got only like 30 sec?! That the worst thing in game. Wtf were u guys thinking? When you play on normal,hard, or hell on earth. You dont got time run to trader and back to your spot. I mean when it 100 m on hell on earth,may as well say "**** trader,we are not going". If you guys say so you can run there when killing. That even worst.Half of time we cant run there or we kill last zed, so really.WHY DID YOU MAKE IT WHERE TRADER SPAWN SO FAIR AWAY?! It would be cool to put patch where trader spawn closer to you and not 150m when you got 30 sec to run there and back to your spot

Dr. Evil "Riiiiight" - YouTube

Reactions: funlyon and HaTeMe
Upvote 0
i think he's talking about for when you respawn, not how much time u spend in the trader or how far you are when killing the last zed.

it is up to the mapper to place the trader spots, not twi.
if the mapper has traders like... 1km away from the respawn area, then the mapper should use moveable teleports or something so that the respawning ppl can get to the traders.

well, at least thats what i've done before for humongous maps.

Upvote 0
I tried this map.

I tried this map, where you start in a room that have 4 portals. and above the portals there is a number written on how far away the trader is :) and then you just tele on map. sadly not everyone understood that so I was loads of times running solo or duo when we were 6 man :/

Upvote 0

1680.jpg

Upvote 0
No

No

How about "no"? - YouTube

I have a feeling that I might have to use this a lot...

Reactions: sph34r and HaTeMe
Upvote 0
Sigh, you can't justify moving the trader closer or adding more time, that's the point. It adds a challenge to the game, meaning you have to communicate and move to the trader early in some maps, otherwise people could just camp in the same spot with no worries.

Also, it means it's harder to make a stockpile of extra weapons in your camp spot, which is an important factor.

If you had talked about spawning dead or new players next to the trader, then I could agree with that.

Upvote 0