• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades?!

Grenades where my weapon of choice in ROOST.
Way better then a :IS2:

Perfectly Primed nade-bursts where the quickest way to end any sort of firefight under 75 yards.
68416033.j9Bkai78.grenade.gif

Slight Free-Aim w/ Varied Fuse Lengths is El Soluci

Last edited:
Upvote 0
See, now you're just making a flailing last-ditch attempt to shift attention away from the post made above where you and your "argument" were comprehensively dismantled, where's your trademark 300-point exhaustive nonsense rebuttal to that?
What argument was 'comprehensively dismantled'? By who? Enough with the petty, sophomoric, histrionics, insults and non sequiturs... If you can't argue like an adult, you're going to have to ride in back with the children...

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Maybe they can be limited depending on the class. Riflemen get 2, marksmen gets 1 ect.

Rather one for the rifleman, maby two for the assault trooper. A sniper would not need a grenade at all, if he's in rage to use it, he is doing it wrong.
The whole Idea of just having one grenade is that you will not just trow it away bacause you might rally need it sometime. You get a more realistic respect for the grenade as a valuable and rare weapon.

Also, in Stalingrad a rifleman would probably rarley have more then one grenade, if any at all since the shortage of supplies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rather one for the rifleman, maby two for the assault trooper. A sniper would not need a grenade at all, if he's in rage to use it, he is doing it wrong.
The whole Idea of just having one grenade is that you will not just trow it away bacause you might rally need it sometime. You get a more realistic respect for the grenade as a valuable and rare weapon.

Also, in Stalingrad a rifleman would probably rarley have more then one grenade, if any at all since the shortage of supplies.

I am definately for one grenade.
I always throw one randomly at the enemy in the hopes for an easy kill, however the second I always tend to save for emergencies.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0

Do some reading about Stalingrad, Nylle (but I think you did).
Stalingrad: Grenade capitol of the world (basically)

senvets

Same picture...
battle-stalingrad-pictures-images-ww2--005.jpg

Carrying "Bratwurst"????
battle-stalingrad-pictures-images-ww2-unseen-german-soldiers-001.jpg

Upvote 0
Do some reading about Stalingrad, Nylle (but I think you did).
Stalingrad: Grenade capitol of the world (basically)

He prolly meant the Soviets. Which I agree, Ivans prolly had just a bayonet knife at best, an empty rifle with only a bayonet, bullets with no rifle or bayonet, or nothing at all. when they're first thrown into the fray.

But I think that would create a bit of an imbalance for regular gameplay modes.

" Aw man, I'm Soviets. Aw man, all units with guns are taken, I don't wanna be the 12 year old boy Shovel class. Dude only has a shovel."

Although that would make some nice mutator for a server. :cool:

Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
I think in ROOST the small size of some maps makes nade spamming a regular occurence.
Hopefully slightly bigger maps may curtail that, at least so its not too extreme.
The start of danzig is just hilarious, to see that many nades in the air at one time is funny and sad.

One nade instead of two wouldnt bother me, or even having to collect them from an ammo pile near the spawn to get some.
Oh yea man, danzig start is just a nade fest :D

Upvote 0
So Grenades. o_O

I love them <3

In Red Orchestra Ostfront i get most of my kills with granades

I would want to be able to have more granades, pick up from dead soliders adding to the two you start with, even discarding main weapon for more handgranades RO2HOS.

I think soliders grabbed granades whenever they could get their hands on them. Their own and looted enemies for them, granades are really really important to stay alive. Taking out the bastards you cant shoot or risk getting shot when popping head up.. toss a nade, let it blow up and stun them, then go up and finish off the surviveors.

I love throwing granades, primeing them so that they blow up in chest hight, maiming attacking enemies and scareing them off, tossing them in windows and clearing out rooms, throwing them in through a doorway and charge into the room just as the shrapnel stops flying around and spray the room inside with my "papasha"

And The egg granades will be hard to see in RO2, the "silent" "inivible death" the potatomashers will be the dread, seeing your own death come flying towards you through the air.

I'd like more granades, I love granades, I'd love to be able to pick up more than 2 granades, stuff my belt with them. Keep handy quick to grab m24s in the sides of my jackboots, fill my bread bag with them, have egg granades dangle from my ammo puches and hoocks on my Y straps as I run into combat and blow away my enemies whenever they are germans and russians :3 I just love granades.

Devs. Let there be an options for Engineers! Stuff those pouches with granades! or just drag around a granade case that holds 24 at a time!

Speaking of granades in stalingrad. There was an story of a squad of russians holding a stairway in one of the great factories.. They held off the germans for many many days. And as the russians mauaged to push back the germans they found the stairs cramped with dead germans,one lone russian at the top of the stairway, around him loads of empty crates that had housed granades When they asked him if he wanted something, he just said. "More granades"

I think the germans complained about nadespam too, but damn it was common with nadespam I think :3 Just look at the pictures from above!!!
But as said above, granade free aim might be an good idea, atm I can aim the nades sooooo easily as they fly straight ahead. Making the granade use a bit more skill based and not "COD" spamming

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrralphster
Upvote 0
He prolly meant the Soviets. Which I agree, Ivans prolly had just a bayonet knife at best, an empty rifle with only a bayonet, bullets with no rifle or bayonet, or nothing at all. when they're first thrown into the fray.

But I think that would create a bit of an imbalance for regular gameplay modes.

" Aw man, I'm Soviets. Aw man, all units with guns are taken, I don't wanna be the 12 year old boy Shovel class. Dude only has a shovel."

Although that would make some nice mutator for a server. :cool:

Didn't someone bust the myth about the sovjets having no rifles and such. thought i read that somewhere that it was actually pretty rare to have no gun at all.

About the nades, it might be true that it was grenade heaven at some point, however there are two reasons to ignore that.
- One is just pure gameplay, as some pointed out in the danzig map (and essentially all maps have nade spam).
- The second is about respawns, because of the respawn system the amount of grenades present on trhe battlefield is essentially limitless. Also it works with reinforcements and I think that only front line troops had a lot of nades they could scramble. However I am not an expert so I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
If I was to only have one life, as we all do, in warfare I would throw everything and anything which could cause potential damage / death to the enemy before even thinking about risking running in there and clearing the area with my handheld weapon.

I think as the game is based around Stalingrad, an urban city I think we are all just going to have to except that grenades are going to be very prevalent, more so than Ro Osfront. Wait for some rural maps, then we will see the shift from grenades to more traditional handheld weaponary.

Sturm

Reactions: Rrralphster
Upvote 0