• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What spec(s) was the HD trailer recorded on?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the trailer but heres the thing I wanted to know real quick.

I assume there were multiple people recording and bits and chunks were edited into the entire thing.

So I wanted to know, where all of you devs running it at max video settings? And is the graphics/texturing in the beta a bit "outdated" from what you guys have now? Just wondering, doesn't make me mad or anything, just a simple question :3.

I know there is gonna be some post DX11 support so I'm not complaining.

Really? Cause in one part of the trailer I see a player named "BakaYoshi" behind cover then in the part where he gets stabbed it said that he killed "BakaYoshi

It could still be recorded on one single computer which makes sense.
Just take a demo, use one computer to record/render it all.

An obvious approach if you want the demo/movie to use the same quality settings in all clips, kinda how fragmovies are made.

Last edited:
Reactions: teemu92
Upvote 0
Personnaly, I think that all the new smokes particles are really bad, too cartoonish, for exemple the arty explosions ones, the ones from Ro1 were just so..perfect.

I absolutely agree on this, I hope they'll replace the animations for the sprites with stock footage rather than poorly animated "things". Or at least use some high-quality particle effects to render the sprites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uurastaja
Upvote 0
That's stupid, people would have avantage over others, some would see the smoke inside a building even if it's outside while other don't.

I wasnt meaning that, I was meaning that you only wouldnt see the sharp edges which look unnatural... But now I'm not sure is there some sort of soft particles already present since in some video I recently watched, it looked like it:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It could still be recorded on one single computer which makes sense.
Just take a demo, use one computer to record/render it all.

An obvious approach if you want the demo/movie to use the same quality settings in all clips, kinda how fragmovies are made.
Yeah man, i just hope the game has the demo recording system working, Ro1 & killing floor wont show the weapon models while watching a demo and this was a huge let down for me :d

Upvote 0