• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Who Actually wants to play 'Relaxed Realism'

Who Actually wants to play 'Relaxed Realism'

• No, realism only for me

Votes: 283 68.9%
  • Yes, relaxed realism only for me

Votes: 84 20.4%
  • I'll at least try both modes and make a choice after giving both a fair shot

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • I'll play both modes

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

Zoring

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
Sweet Zombie jesus,

Edited Topic:

Hey all my lovely internet friends! Although I personally would prefer to play on 'Realism' mode rather then relaxed realism mode for various personal reasons, I am aware that many people may not!

So please discuss whether you would prefer to play in 'Realism' mode or 'Relaxed' mode, in order to give server admins an idea of what the player base might enjoy!

Ps. I apologize that the poll sounds a little biased! But i'm sure that won't influence your votes because i know your all capable of making your own decisions!

Last edited:
Well, people got teamkilled quite often in RO, and nobody ever got upset about it that i saw, it wasn't a big problem and everyone had done it understanding that at long range things can get a little unsure.

Primarily the difference is purely visual icons and things correct? unlike the hardcore modes in Bad Company in which everyone could go Sniper and kill you with one shot, making the 'Hardcore' mode in that game incredibly frustrating. So in HOS the clutter is visual not heavily gameplay influencing which is why I don't personally want that extra stuff floating around.

Last edited:
Reactions: NuclearDruid
Upvote 0
I don't know why you think it's so black and white. One isn't really superior to the other, it's just preference. I will probably play mostly full realism and then relaxed if I'm not as serious or don't feel like trying as hard. I figure most people will play a good mixture of the two, and even some of the people saying they wont touch one of the game types will try the other and mix it up occasionally.

Upvote 0
I disagree with your point of view. If I am playing with a 22 inch monitor my field of view will be sub-optimal. In a situation where my team has formed a perimeter in a house and we are under attack, I will need to quickly check who is still alive and their respective positions on the minimap. Turning to look at them literally suspends the coverage of my sector: both the body and the gun are turned away from it. Free look buttons are equally redundant because they suspend your movement and weapon control. Finally, I dont have a triple monitor setup or head tracking devices. TWI has given this a practical consideration and realised that the only effective way to track friendlies as in reality is to have a minimap. Otherwise you are playing a game with a sub-optimal SA and a heightened risk of friendly fire. And remember: just as command menus pop up on the screen in "full realism" mode and nobody complains about them, so will the minimap appear in full realism. The subject here is not about clutter as TWI's hud is minimal, it is about realistic feedback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
better to have more than less i always say, no harm in TW having both, tho i wouldn't care if they had a causal mode with Health regen, less bullet damage, higher health, and radar that detects people's location and kill streaks, could say cod mode. As long as the realism mode is there.

What i dont get is why people complain about having something there despite what they want is there as well. Cant the people who want to enjoy that enjoy it while you can enjoy your own thing as well? Thats what i dont get about some people.

Upvote 0
Well personally I like to be unsure of things, like is that an enemy that I saw run past the window etc. But I kinda like the possibility of spotting enemies for the leader roles. I'm not sure though do I like the fact that you get the info on your screen, I'd rather see something more vague on RO1 style map.

Anyway, for me it is way too early to say which mode I'll be playing. I will try them both of course.

Upvote 0
For a start mchaza and many others should take note that the developer stressed multiple times that the minimap is not a radar, it shows your friendlies as you would be able to detect them in reality from sound and peripheral vision without turning to look at them and that without this minimap the game creates sub-optimal SA and is less realistic

Upvote 0