• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I payed for the $45 Digital Deluxe Edition...

I don't understand how people can spam these "we love you Tripwire threads" ad nauseum and they're never closed, yet dare to start a thread questioning when you will get the beta access you paid for -- or at least a semi-firm estimate -- and you will get flamed by the love thread people before the inevitable closure of the "redundant" thread. :confused:

Reactions: B-Nut and Nenjin
Upvote 0
I don't understand how people can spam these "we love you Tripwire threads" ad nauseum and they're never closed, yet dare to start a thread questioning when you will get the beta access you paid for -- or at least a semi-firm estimate -- and you will get flamed by the love thread people before the inevitable closure of the "redundant" thread. :confused:

Well, the issue is that there are existing threads in which to talk about the beta and when we'll get it, but people keep posting new threads about the same thing all the time.

As for the Tripwire Love-Ins, I guess they can use all the encouragement right now, given the pressure they're under at the present and the flood of angry reactions. I think both sides can be fairly ridiculous. The angry people tend to overreact on the whole issue and give the moderators more work to do, and the overly-defensive fans tend to shoot down criticisms, no matter how reasonably they may be put.

Upvote 0

Probably because they are small enough of a game company, so all of the devs also post on the forums, which probably makes this kind of crap to happen. If it were some EA forum things would probably be different.

Upvote 0
(most) People know what they can expect from TW and that if there is some kind of delay there must ba a very good reason for it,
if you don't like it don't post

Not even sure what you are talking

I never had a problem with the delay as I previously said

The daily "I love you" threads is where I draw the line. I guess it's my personality as I don't like going up to my University's sports stars and bugging them for an autograph and trying to make them my friend like some of my peers try to do.

I just don't think it's necessary to state how much you love RO and TWI. If you've signed up on this forum, you obviously enjoy the game and appreciate what TWI does, that's proof enough that you are a big fan without starting a largely nonconstructive thread.

If you'd like to logically discuss the nuances (pros/cons) of this type of behavior, feel free.

Reactions: Uffz.Juschkat
Upvote 0
Well, the issue is that there are existing threads in which to talk about the beta and when we'll get it, but people keep posting new threads about the same thing all the time.

As for the Tripwire Love-Ins, I guess they can use all the encouragement right now, given the pressure they're under at the present and the flood of angry reactions. I think both sides can be fairly ridiculous. The angry people tend to overreact on the whole issue and give the moderators more work to do, and the overly-defensive fans tend to shoot down criticisms, no matter how reasonably they may be put.

1. There is already a multipage I Love Tripwire thread a few pages back; I think its over 10 pages long. So to say there isn't an existing thread for this type of chat is not true

2. I think you exaggerate TWI's need for positive feedback and how much pressure they are under. It's not the first time they've developed a game and this month is probably the most fun for them. Also the negativity has really died down the last few weeks.

Upvote 0
Not even sure what you are talking

I never had a problem with the delay as I previously said

The daily "I love you" threads is where I draw the line. I guess it's my personality as I don't like going up to my University's sports stars and bugging them for an autograph and trying to make them my friend like some of my peers try to do.

I just don't think it's necessary to state how much you love RO and TWI. If you've signed up on this forum, you obviously enjoy the game and appreciate what TWI does, that's proof enough that you are a big fan without starting a largely nonconstructive thread.

If you'd like to logically discuss the nuances (pros/cons) of this type of behavior, feel free.

We had a "nuance" earlier in another thread. It's called trolling for unfair, selective "unlocks" and beta keys as a reward for their "support." Funny, I thought that I, too, was supporting tripwire by buying both versions of RO ... I didn't realize I had to jump up and down and yell, "Look how much I love you!" for them to know it.

Upvote 0
If you've signed up on this forum, you obviously enjoy the game and appreciate what TWI does, that's proof enough that you are a big fan without starting a largely nonconstructive thread.

Also the negativity has really died down the last few weeks.

if only that was true my life would be so much easier currently :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. There is already a multipage I Love Tripwire thread a few pages back; I think its over 10 pages long. So to say there isn't an existing thread for this type of chat is not true

2. I think you exaggerate TWI's need for positive feedback and how much pressure they are under. It's not the first time they've developed a game and this month is probably the most fun for them. Also the negativity has really died down the last few weeks.

Crunch time isn't really fun.

Upvote 0

Yeah, these threads annoy me too

Upvote 0

I don't recall saying there wasn't an existing thread for the parties complimenting Tripwire or anything - there are more than enough of them, and in my opinion, it can be as tiresome as the crew complaining about the beta. What I'd like to see is more widespread discussion of the gameplay footage revealed last night - there's quite a lot to be said about what we've been shown in those videos.

As for the need for positive feedback, I may have exaggerated a bit, but I'm keeping in mind that they do have a fair amount riding on this game. While they've developed games in the past, this one has been getting far more widespread exposure than I recall their previous titles getting. They've been throwing themselves into marketing to expand their fanbase, and so there's not only a lot of pressure from fans on the forums for them to get the pre-release up and ready, but there's also the pressure of having a good, solid build for the new fans to play.
They're still a relatively small company, and this is going to be one of the major breaks into the mainstream gaming community, and that first impression can determine a company's future and reputation.

So while fans are going overboard with the Tripwire love, I do think they deserve some encouragement amidst the complaining.

Upvote 0
if only that was true my life would be so much easier currently :)

I think some of "those" posters have their hearts in the right places (enjoy the game) they just don't know how to express themselves in an appropriate manner

Dr. Phibes said:
Crunch time isn't really fun.

Depends on the individual's personality

Upvote 0