• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Natural Selection 2

gamakun

May 3, 2009
Last edited:
I guess this counts as 1/3 new. I'm quite surprised, such a radical change is controversial to say the least (over 320 comments!). I have to agree with many of the comments that it doesn't look as aggressive as the marine's other equipment. Also, a name that doesn't sound anything like Taser is desperately needed (though I guess it actually needs a name in the first place).

Upvote 0
Skulk reveal. I didn't like this one as much, I wanted the skulk to graphically make sense this time around. How four spikes for legs = wall cling never made sense to me since beta 1. Also, the camera is still inside the mouth yet the eyes are on top of the head (like before, doesn't make sense). At least he will have more HP to be more effective in late game (loses parasite ability though :() .

Upvote 0
This and RO2 are pretty much the only games I've been seriously anticipating. NS is probably the only game I've got more time in than KF, for one simple reason: unpredictability. When you have a FPS/RTS where teamplay is so absolutely necessary for survival, there are so many ways the game can progress across the maps you could never see them all. The need for teamplay, tactics, and twitch skill are pretty much even - you need them all to stand a chance. I remember a particularly epic game on a consistently packed 32 player server that went for over 4 hours of fully teched teams beating each other across the map only to have the other make a last-second comeback... Definitely the most memorable video game I've ever played as well; that battle took place about 5 years ago.

Upvote 0