• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Two questions about death in RO2

Nar6

Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2010
France
I have two questions as regards death in ro2

1 : Will a soldier scream after he is killed by a headshot ?

I seriously hope not, i guess it isnt realistic if the soldier was not saying anything once he got hit !

2 : Do we 'die' when we take multiple bullets only in the arm or in legs ?

Example : You are hiding behind something, but somebody can see your feet, he shoots you about 5 bullets or more in your foot.. Is the player instantly 'dead' ? or can still fight with a penalty or until death comes because of bleeding?

Thank you for your answers.

Also when a bullet hits you does the current trend of having blood all over the screen happen. Its really annoying when you get shot in the back but a large amount of blood just happens to spray you in the eyes. Its okay to have if a teammate gets blown up in front of you or gets hit by a high caliber round to the head. But for being shot regularly its really annoying.

Upvote 0
  • Damage System: A detailed hit detection system. Specific bodyparts hit are more lethal than others. Instant Death, Lethal, Critical and Non-Critical. (Source: PC Gamer Article July '09)
  • Bandaging: Players can bandage minor wounds to stop themselves from bleeding to death. Non-critical hits will cause half the damage instantly, with the other half occurring over bleed out time. Prompt bandaging can stop the second half of the damage from occurring. Source: PC Gamer Article July '09)
Source: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48698[/URL]

Upvote 0
You'd still be out of combat, and in game that is represented by death.

Not necesarily. People have been shot 20+ times (by 9mm Ball specifically) and failed to be incapacitated, even though they died afterwards.

5 rounds to the limbs is plenty enough to incapacitate a normal person, but sometimes people can absorb seemingly unhuman amounts of lead and continue to fight for a while.

Upvote 0

I did read it ! But it doesn't answer my 1st question and i will ask it in another way :

Will 5 non critcal hits or more at the same place kill instantly a soldier?

(Maybe i was not accurate enough in my first post)

In real life, many bullets in a leg won't stop you from shooting. Of course you will be less accurate, less concentrated, and easier to kill, but you will still be able to shoot with your gun.

This is what i want to know.
I shot someone many times in his foot, is he really dead, knowing that my shots were all non critical? Do i have to 'waste' a grenade to be sure he's dead?

I hope you really see what i mean now :)

Upvote 0
I did read it ! But it doesn't answer my 1st question and i will ask it in another way :

In real life, many bullets in a leg won't stop you from shooting. Of course you will be less accurate, less concentrated, and easier to kill, but you will still be able to shoot with your gun.

I shot someone many times in his foot, is he really dead, knowing that my shots were all non critical? Do i have to 'waste' a grenade to be sure he's dead?

That what has been posted should answer your question.

According to posted information non-critical hit will do half their damage upfront and the other half over time. So it is safe to assume that if the half of the total damage done from those 5 wounds, plus however much health is lost while bandaging each of them is more than the player's health, you will die.

Ofcourse nobody can be sure, but I'm sure you can draw some sort of conclusion or expectations from that.

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
Another way of looking at it, non critical hits will take you down to half health, and then you bleed, it could be that more non critical hits just continue the bleeding, and due to the fact you only have so many bandages you can only take a couple of non critical hits then you will bleed out.

Pair this with weakening/suppression effects as you bleed.

To me, it seems more likely then a few shots to the foot = death

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It kinda does answer your question.
Let's say 1 non-critical hit in the leg takes out 45% of your health on the hit and another 45% by bleeding time.
So you take a shot and you're down to 55% of your health, plus the time you take to bandage, 20% more of your health is drained, so you're now down to 35%.
Another non critical hit takes out another 45%, which means instant death since you only had 35% left.

But then again, RO2 features what they call "slow death", so I can assume you will not really die instantly but while falling down you can still shoot a few rounds before dying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmm I think no metter where you gonna get 5 bullets you will die.

50 Cent got shot 9 times yo! :D

Not necesarily. People have been shot 20+ times (by 9mm Ball specifically) and failed to be incapacitated, even though they died afterwards.

scarface_al_pacino.jpg

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!

5 rounds to the limbs is plenty enough to incapacitate a normal person, but sometimes people can absorb seemingly unhuman amounts of lead and continue to fight for a while.

Sometimes..... and Unhuman..... I don't think we need to factor this into the gameplay.

In a nutshell, you would die instantly after the 2nd or 3rd shot.... in real life, being shot 5 times in the leg has a very good chance of hitting the main artery that is located in your leg and you'd bleed out in seconds.... add on top of that 4 other bullet wounds for blood to come out of, you'd probably die faster.

And as noted, first shot takes half the damage and bleed out produces the other half..... two shots would be 100% damage, and bleeding beyond that is bonus...... so the answer would probably be no.

Last edited:
Upvote 0