• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help us pick some merchandising!

Help us pick some merchandising!

• Zippo 8 oz steel flask

Votes: 216 52.9%
  • Shot glasses

Votes: 52 12.7%
  • Coffee mug

Votes: 140 34.3%

• Total voters
For some reason I voted for the flask, although the more I think about this the less I understand the merchandise choices in the first place.

I'd rather have something similar to what the Polish CE offers. I thought a large authentic looking ammo-cannister that doubles up as storage was pretty cool - and the medal idea someone above mentioned also sounded good. There's so much you could have used, dog-tags, period maps, grenade money-stashes, etc etc. Ok so my ideas aren't that good but shot glasses, mugs and hip-flasks? Meh!

Upvote 0
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback about this everyone. It is very helpful to understand what people think and want.

Just to clarify a couple things- the flask/mug/shotglass question only related to one item of several that we'll be releasing. I think perhaps a couple people were discouraged because I may have accidentally created the impression that we were only going to add one item. My Apologies.

There was also some feedback outside of the orginal question I'd like to address because I don't want people to feel like we're not listening to them.

- Shirt designs- Although some people like the designs we have for Killing Floor, I've seen many requests for designs that are more understated. I think maybe we got a little carried away with how our designs looked on a computer screen and forgot that people may not want to go to work or school with an enraged zombie on their chest. We will definitely do some more subdle designs for R02.

- I also hear a lot of requests for cool customized things like custom plushies or other items from overseas. We're moving in that direction, but we can't move as quickly as you (and I) would like to simply because we are limited by time and money. As the store grows, so will the product selection and variety. Please don't take this to mean you should stop asking for those items, because your feedback does help me understand what you want- whether or not I can make that happen right away.

Thanks,

-Karl

For some reason I voted for the flask, although the more I think about this the less I understand the merchandise choices in the first place.

I'd rather have something similar to what the Polish CE offers. I thought a large authentic looking ammo-cannister that doubles up as storage was pretty cool - and the medal idea someone above mentioned also sounded good. There's so much you could have used, dog-tags, period maps, grenade money-stashes, etc etc. Ok so my ideas aren't that good but shot glasses, mugs and hip-flasks? Meh!

Upvote 0
I suppose you already know this but, It would be great if Game Devs and publishers sold more merchandise that was, well, more subtly "gamey". For instance, a mug with a picture of the heavie's sandvich on it will always sell better than a mug with a picture of the heavy firing his minigun and the words "TEAM FORTRESS 2".
Just my 2 cents. :D
So....a coffee mug with a pic of a Satchel Charge and the words "Achtung! Shambeh bambeh!"???

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0