• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Widescreen and surround gaming support

Will RO:HoS support NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround and ATI Eyefinity set ups for triple head gaming, etc?

multiple_displays.jpg

As far as i know the latest Unreal Engine 3 version will support NVIDIA 3D Vision

Nvidia and Epic Games just announced the addition of official support for the stereoscopic 3D technology called 3D Vision in the latest Unreal Engine 3. This announcement means that licensees of the Unreal Engine 3 will be able to take full advantage of integrated 3D Vision support by offering games that not only look great, but also handle very well when played in stereoscopic 3D mode. The best news is that even the popular Unreal Development Kit (UDK), a free version of Unreal Engine 3, will also offer support for 3D Vision. The updated version of Unreal Engine 3 and UDK (the march beta does not include it!) will be available in the near future, allowing games developed with that revision (or later one) to deliver “out of the box” support for 3D Vision. Meanwhile the latest version of nreal Engine 3 with 3D Vision support is being demonstrated at the Game Developers Conference currently held in San Francisco, so if you are interested you can visit and see a demo of the engine in stereoscopic 3D mode. And while the announcement is only about 3D Vision support for the latest Unreal Engine 3 it will most likely work without any significant issues with other stereoscopic 3D solutions currently available.

It comes from March, 2010.

No idea about ATI Eyefinity, it's up to devs.

Upvote 0
For what its worth kf got horizontal+ added to the game so we can expect ROHOS to get the same. Both Roost and KF already change the aspect ratio correctly so squares are squares and circles are circles (difference is that ro cuts of top and bottom).

So it should probably work at the least. But whether stuff like the tank gun sights, hud and main menu look ok I don't know.

and @ apos that bit is for 3d support.

Upvote 0
How are you so sure?

In a crosshairs cast TWI said they would look at 3d support, and KillingFloor already supports horz+ surround gaming.

IIRC, not sure, anyway there has been talk about it on these forums before.

Actually, when I think about it, there hasnt been an official statement about it IIRC. But you could think it's not a very high priority at TWI

Upvote 0
*dances joyfully around the room with his shirt waving over his head*
Hurray!

Now please say that Crossfire/SLI is fully supported and the pants are gone too. :D
Bwahahha ahhhhhhhhhhh,thats a sight would haunt me in my dreams!!!

@Yoshi....Can you confirm fully suported SLI or CF?

*If it is supported,Imma break my keyboard from Rumo's butt* :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0