• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

This will be my second post ( I know :D )

Any ways hello from holland.
I am 21 years old and a male

Some yours ago I played alot of call of duty UO.
It was just a good game not the garbage it turned in too.

after it got old, I got hooked upon armed assault and havent played much else.
Rise of flight, Il 2 some soldier of fortune 2 and arma 2

A lot of months ago I saw some raw aplha gameplay, It cought my attention.
I decided to buy ost front and I loved it.
Especially the bold actions and the sound of the weapons, very well done.

I am still trying to convince my fellow community members from arma 2
But I failed :confused:

I have been playing DH for over a 40 hours now and do I feel ashamed !that I did not noticed this game years back.

Reactions: MrLebanon
Upvote 0
I have been following this game and lurking for around 2 months now. Decided it was time to post.

I mostly play "arcadey" shooters but The way that RO2 is being developed makes it an almost definite buy for me.(I come from the splash damage forums and i don't want to be disappointed again)

:IS2: <--- there are tanks!

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

You can call me Gossamer (or Goss... or whatever you want to call me). I'm 21 years old and I'm from Ontario, Canada.

I'm in post-secondary school for Programming. I have two more years to go before graduation.

I've owned Red Orchestra since it came out in retail (never got a chance to play the UT2k4 version unfortunately). I'm new to the RO community here, but I've been on these forums before for Killing Floor.

These days I mainly play ArmA 2 Combined Operations. I'm a mission designer/scripter in that community with a couple of fairly well known gamemodes/missions.

I'm also one of the leaders and founder of my community, The Game Wardens. Our community fully plans to purchase RO2 and set a server up on our dedicated box.

I hope to make a few friends here within the community. If you want to add me on Steam or Xfire, just send me a PM and I'll gladly add you.

See you all around!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone.

I come from an eclectic gaming background, but my experience with the Blitzkrieg realism mod for Company of Heroes is one of the things that has gotten me most interested in RO2. Outside of Blitzkrieg, I also enjoy spending my free time playing games like Lord of the Rings:BFME II, Killing Floor, Runescape, and Oblivion. Most of the books I read are about World War II, and I appreciate how many of the forum members around here (as well as Tripwire) are clearly interested in historical research.

I've been following RO2 on these forums for about a year now, and finally decided to register. I've been playing RO for about the same time, although unfortunately (due to several internet issues in different locations) I've only been able to play a small amount of RO online. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, and I'm immensely excited for RO2.

Finally, the :IS2: icon clearly establishes these forums as one of the best.

Upvote 0
Hello,
I'm live at the Jersey shore of the USA. I'm a big fan of WW2 FPS's and Brothers In Arms in particular, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting a sequel to Hell's Highway anytime soon. But I'm really looking forward to RO2 as I know a bunch of my BIA forum mates are as well!!

Not sure if my avatar is gonna be permanent, but it's the best I can do for now. I hope to make some new friends here.

Upvote 0
Greetings from Finland!

I have been following these forums for quite some time and waiting for HoS like a small kid waits for christmas.

Sadly I never played the first game as my old computer couldn't run it at the time. But now I got a PC which can run new games, and HoS is the only new game at the moment that really interests me.
As a bit of a history freak, this game looks like my dream WW2 FPS. I just hope my girlfriend can forgive me for all the nights I spend in front of the computer playing this game. :p

Used to play DoD: Source and plenty of single player WW2 games, but all of them have been disappointing in the end. Close Combat 2 (pisses me off that I can't find the new version anywhere) and IL-2 Sturmovik have been the best WW2 games I've played so far.

Also, as the ancient (but still playable) Red Baron was the game that got me interested about history when I was just a little boy, I'm really hoping the Iron Europe mod gets released. There aren't enough quality games about the the Great War.

Upvote 0
I never itroduced myself so i will be doing that now.

I am 21 and live in germany and discovered tripwire 2009 because of killing floor.

i play a lot of ro and dh nowaday, also company of heroes and its blitzkrieg mod. sometimes arma 2 and its addons, i cant wait for ro2

i also wanna say that this is by far the best community i know so far looking forward to play ro2 with you all =)

Upvote 0
Hello everyone!

I have been an acitve RO player since February 2007 and a lurker on these forums for about two years. :D I really like WW2 games overall, but there is nothing that can really match Red Orchestra. :cool:
I thought it is finally now time to register because the release date of HoS is getting closer and closer. Can't wait for it as can't most of you!

Upvote 0
Hello there!

I've been following the development of Red Orchestra 2 for quite some time now and thought it's time to register and post something.

I am an 18 year old gamer from Berlin, Germany and I really love WW2 FPS games. I started with the original Medal of Honor back in the days and have been playing CoD: UO a lot. I really loved the experience from that game but after I stopped playing it, I never found anything comparable.

Until I bought RO: Ostfront of course. I've been reading about the development of RO2 and thought it's finally time to buy Ostfront. I wanted to get it for a long time but never actually did it, as I was afraid it's not that great at all.

Of course I was terribly wrong and now regret that I didn't buy it earlier than one month ago, as it's the greatest FPS I have ever played. I simply love the intense atmosphere and all the great battlefield moments. ;)

That being said I am still a noob, but I am looking forward to play the hell out of RO2 which will be without any doubt my game of the year.

This is my second post here, but whatever. :p

And before I forget it:
All hail the great :IS2: and may you wander safe on it's paths.

Upvote 0
Hey all, figured I'd make my first post here.

I'm 22 and have been a fan of RO since the mod days. I began gaming on Jane's Combat sims and Mech Warrior but adapted as game became less hardcore. I have a pretty eclectic gaming taste but I have to say my main gaming love is still for this style and I can't wait for RO2. Wish I got involved in the community sooner.

Upvote 0
Hello all, my name is Jake. I unfortunately only recently purchased RO1, but I've had an eye out on RO2 for years now. I am very interested in all things WWII and collect rifles from the era. My collection includes: a 1915 Mosin Nagant M91, a 1943 Mosin Nagant 91/30, a 1943 91/30 with PU scope, a 1942 "BYF" k98, and a 1930s Arisaka Type 38. I can't wait to pick up RO2 next month and see you guys on the servers!

Upvote 0