• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hi !

I'm french so excuse any mistakes...
I'm an old school player who was lucky enough to see pong, NES/Megadrive glorious times and later my older cousin showed me Doom ( i remember i was scared but loved BFG ) : Thanks to him i got addicted.

After that i've been playing every good FPS and found that the game quality and difficulty was raising with every new game generation until Quake 3. Since the near-perfect Quake 3, I'm unhappy with FPS because they aren't hardcore enough ( check the call of duty decline for exemple ). So i've been playing other kind of games like RTS or MMO but i craved for a good shooter until today when i realized that i read somewhere about Red Orchestra who was supposed to be a very realistic game for hardcore players.

I'm pleasantly surprised by what i read on this forum : looks like some people still know how to make good games ! When i read the test about gameplay i was shocked with a big smile on my face ( i still have ) ; it looks ****ing perfect ( real balistics omg i'm dreaming to see this in a game since a long time ).

I read about the game release i guess i'll have to wait months but at least now i have something to wait that deserves it !

Reactions: Chadwiick
Upvote 0
Hi all,

I'm a french 25 years old frogg playing red orchestra since 2007 I guess... and reading those forums for some time now.
I discovered video games thanks to my beloved Nes and master system. And I get into PcGaming with prince of persia, lemmings and first FPS I've played Wolf 3D.

My ingame nickname is Krylon, some of you might have seen me. This name comes from my passion for writing.

Steam ID is Krylon1

I'm a member of <AKA> for 2 years now, this clan is a bit inactive nowadays... So I'm looking for an active and competitive clan, I really miss scrims and matches !

Can't wait for Ro:IS2: !!

See you in the forums,
Have a nice weekend :-]

Krylon

Upvote 0
Hi, my name is Lenny and I have been gaming for......well a long time. I started as a kid playing cool games like digital derby, and then a couple years after that Atari launched it's 2600 when I was in middle school. In high school I got my hands on a Texas Instruments 99/4A, used to love games like Parsec on that one. By the time I was a junior the Apple 2/e was out, but I couldn't afford it. In college I scraped up enough cash to buy the Commodore Amiga 500, which for the time was a kick *** system with cool games like Kampfgruppe, Gettysburg, and a bunch of other SSI originals, and Lucas arts had the Battle over Britian game. It is good that I grew up when I did, if they had games like they do now I might have never left my computer.

I am currently the C.O. for a realism unit in DoDs (9th PzD), and our unit looks forward to moving to RO2 when it comes out! The game looks incredilble and should breathe new life into the WWII gaming community. I look forward to seeing all of you in Stalingrad!!!

Upvote 0
ohai ther!
Ive been playing Project Reality for about two years now, since then Ive lost all hope in the game industry, copy pasting the same crap an ape could play.
Im so glad to find out there are still developers willing to create and sell a realistic+fun+moddable game, the tank stuff ive seen and rad about totally stunned me! For me RO2 is gonna be an even more realistic PR but in WW2.

When I bought BC2 I felt like I got scammed, buying a tripwire game will actually feel good I think :D

Upvote 0
Not completely new, but I guess I should introduce myself anyways.

Live in Texas in the U.S., extremely pleased with the Red Orchestra Ostfront game.

Can't wait for HOS, as the trailers are simply mindblowing.

Currently trying to convince friends of mine to join the fun, but first I have to convince the poor guys to do more PC gaming.

Playing Red Orchestra and Forgotten Hope 2/Battlefield 2 while waiting for HOS.

If what I see serves me right, HOS is becoming popularized! LEts just hope there aren't a significant/too many noobs upon release, or game-ruining people.

See you on the battlefield!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
blah blah blah irrelevant blah
No offence Zetsumei but why slag down DBDUK when obviously your gonna get under peoples skin by doing so, that information has nothing to do with you introducing yourself and I cant really understand why you have put that in there, sure you can talk about what clans you have been in but really flaming other clans who are still very active on the RO scene seems very unneccessary.

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
No offence Zetsumei but why slag down DBDUK when obviously your gonna get under peoples skin by doing so, that information has nothing to do with you introducing yourself and I cant really understand why you have put that in there, sure you can talk about what clans you have been in but really flaming other clans who are still very active on the RO scene seems very unneccessary.

Well, personally I find it very annoying when people say something like "one server is horrible and I wont ever play there again" but doesnt tell which server he is talking about. Of course I want to know this so I can look out for that server, I dont understand why people shouldnt say about their bad experiences and only about good ones.

Of course bashing etc is another thing, but I think that Zetsumei was very correct there and that that seemed to be quite relevant to me.

Upvote 0
Greetings!

Greetings!

I stumbled onto mention of this game in a Belgian game magazine. I immediately remembered playing the old mod for UT and speedily made my way to the forums! I've read the fact thread and it's all looking absolutely fantastic.
The lack of any indication of release and the apparent lack of PR have me a little worried.

So anyway, seeing as how this forum seems to harbour a great deal of people interested in WWII, I was wondering if anyone might be able to recommend some good sources of historical material on the period. Mainly military-focussed information would be much appreciated. I don't have the money to go around buying books left and right and the internet isn't always reliable.

I also like your emoticon :IS2:

Upvote 0
I stumbled onto mention of this game in a Belgian game magazine. I immediately remembered playing the old mod for UT and speedily made my way to the forums! I've read the fact thread and it's all looking absolutely fantastic.
The lack of any indication of release and the apparent lack of PR have me a little worried.

So anyway, seeing as how this forum seems to harbour a great deal of people interested in WWII, I was wondering if anyone might be able to recommend some good sources of historical material on the period. Mainly military-focussed information would be much appreciated. I don't have the money to go around buying books left and right and the internet isn't always reliable.

I also like your emoticon :IS2:
If you get such, the Military Channel. I find it interesting, not sure if its 100% reliable but veterans would get pissed if they're stories aren't spot on.

A accurate book though is Band of Brothers, centered around E company of the 101st airbourne. Very funny moments, very amazing moments, very surprising moments, and very disturbing moments will probably be found in the tales of that company.

If you really wanna do some "hardcore" research, I suppose you could get some books and when you find a slightly doubted fact, check it on the internet or vise versa.

Upvote 0
Hey all,

I am new to this community, my name is dutch and I am a veteran player of FH1, FH2, POE and now PR. I have now found my way to this awesome game and I am stunned I never tried this out any sooner.

I have read allot of topics in this forum and I really like the community that is behind this game, I think I will be hooked and can't wait for the Heroes of Stalingrad version. My gaming community is even going to organize a big campaign for this game.

I hope to see you soon on the battlefield and that i can grow some skills soon to compete with you all.

:cool:

Upvote 0
Hello,

Everyone seems to be writing a little bio, so I will as well.

My name is Max. I like Vidya' games (Mainly Russian or Valve games), I have a budding gas mask collection (Again, mainly Russian), I'm into WWII, and I have a little experience with RO (about 50 hours at the time of this post).

I'll be blunt. I cannot wait for HoS. Everything I've seen or read about it looks amazing, and from my lurking around the forums, the community looks great too. I'm really excited to be in the community before launch, and I plan on staying up to date with all the information. I like to think that I will have seniority over other players at launch because of being a part of the community longer than others, but I think I'll have to learn how to be a useful tanker before I can say that. (Seeing as some people have over 1000 hours of game time in RO, I think it's impossible to consider myself an experienced player anyway.)
That's about it, I look forward to talking with you all, and maybe mowing you down with a PPSh in the future :D

Upvote 0
Hi,
Old school ROOST player here...eagerly waiting for ROHOS with my ducats in hand. ;)
Recognize a lot of names in the forum...good to see the veterans are still around.
Not much to say about myself except I have been gaming for a long time...I was online when there was only dial-up & DOOM2. :eek:

...yeah, I'm old, but I can hit the turret ring on a T-34 at 1200 meters. Well, in ROOST anyway...:cool:

See you all on the ROHOS battlefield. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. New guy here. My name is Josh. From Northeast Tennessee. Im new to Red Orchestra. I only heard about it a few days ago from a friend. Luckily, Steam had Ostfront 41-45 and the mods. I downloaded it and i can honestly say im addicted to this game. More so the Darkest Hour mod. I cant wait for Heroes of Stalingrad. Thanks for creating a great game Tripwire. Looking forward to the next one.

Upvote 0