• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Box or Steam

Box or Steam

• the box from the shop, if available in the local store

Votes: 50 20.3%
  • the box version, even if I have to order it online

Votes: 51 20.7%
  • Steam

Votes: 145 58.9%

• Total voters
My concerns are founded on recent experience, not past ones. Over the last two months or so I've been having lots of problems with downloads suddenly stopping for no apparently reason, or going from like 1-2 mp/s download speeds way down to 100 kb/s. It's taken me days just to download some of my games because of these issues.

Sounds more of a problem with your internet connection than with Steam.

But yeah, a boxed copy might help a bit with that.

Upvote 0
Call me old fashion but I like the box version. I like having something tangible in my hand.

I know what You mean. When a game is important for me I also prefer a boxed version

I also like having a cd for reinstallation purposes.

After first installation on steam You don't need it anymore.

Upvote 0
ill probably buy from steam, unless there is a collectors edition!

This guy got the right idea, I agree... I really want the box though but I also want the game as soon as it releases (within minutes).

Tell you what... I'll check around on release day early morning/afternoon if I don't find it then eventually I'll get via Steam later on that night once I get home.

Last edited:
Reactions: teemu92
Upvote 0
After first installation on steam You don't need it anymore.

^The only problem with Steam, even though the game links to your account, it is faster to pop in the disc to reinstall, rather than having to dl all the game files again-- this is the case for me, with only 350kbps down. Being 8 gigs, I won't be able to play RO2 on the first day if I buy it on Steam and there was no preloading beforehand.

I am waiting for any announcement of LCEs, however. I hate getting digital collector's editions because that stuff is kind of worthless to me. I want posters and physical soundtracks and all that good stuff. Most likely I'll order the LCE online somehow and have it shipped to me.

Upvote 0