• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Where is the tank stuff? No updated PIV pics or a T34 cutaway?

99806112.jpg

What is this Swat Team Time Travel Adventure or World War II Stalingrad? I am surprized there is no silencer for the weapon YET.....

Not everyone was using bolt action rifles during the battle.
So does that explain why there will be a handful of modern day Swat "Heros" running around per side?

It was tested in 1942. It is pretty rare, and wasn't that good of a weapon. But in game it helps balance out the high capacity drum on the PPSH.
The stick mags on the PPSH should be doing this and not the addition of 'pretty rare' weapon.

We've said this before for us the dividing line is - could the weapon have possibly been there, and can anyone beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it wasn't there. It doesn't matter how rare it was, if it could have been there, it's ok for us to use.
Sorry if this has been answered before but, using this logic, in the first Red Orchestra where was the Tiger II? Konigsplatz, as well as four other stock maps, would have demanded the addition of it. In RO2 Heros where is the MG 42? Actual papers have been posted on these forums showing it was actually used in Stalingrad.

Oldih said:
You can disable them server side if you wish.
Who will willingly play these severs with reduced features? Will they even be capable of maintaining consistant population as the game grows older or will everything be reduced to "Danzig 24/7 mode" all over again?

Very few doppel-mag MP40s will be in circulation at any time. And they aren't that good.
What do you mean "they aren't that good"? Its a standard MP 40 with a double magazine ability. Are you saying that the MP 40 II is ballistically different and nerfed in comparison to a "normal" MP 40?

Unlockable capes?
If there is a UC in this game then the driver definately needs a cape.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I mean show me documentation or anecdotal or pictorial evidence of its existence in Stalingrad.

The MP40/2 was field tested during 1942 also.

Tripwire isn't out to just please bitter grognards who don't want to have any fun. Other people play Red Orchestra too ya know.

Wasn't it the supposed TWI's historian Russ Skulke that mentioned it didn't exist in Stalingrad? I can't seem to find the post of his other than the one he has on Axis History Forums.

Upvote 0

99806112.jpg

What is this Swat Team Time Travel Adventure or World War II Stalingrad? I am surprized there is no silencer for the weapon YET.....

So does that explain why there will be a handful of modern day Swat "Heros" running around per side?

The stick mags on the PPSH should be doing this and not the addition of 'pretty rare' weapon.

Sorry if this has been answered before but, using this logic, in the first Red Orchestra where was the Tiger II? Konigsplatz, as well as four other stock maps, would have demanded the addition of it. In RO2 Heros where is the MG 42? Actual papers have been posted on these forums showing it was actually used in Stalingrad.

[QUOTE=Oldih;759853]YOU CAN DISABLE THEM SERVER-SIDE IF YOU WISH. Who will willingly play these severs with reduced features? Will they even be capable of maintaining consistant population as the game grows older or will everything be reduced to "Danzig 24/7 mode" all over again?

What do you mean "they aren't that good"? Its a standard MP 40 with a double magazine ability. Are you saying that the MP 40 II is ballistically different and nerfed in comparison to a "normal" MP 40?

If there is a UC in this game then the driver definately needs a cape.:D

You should try an even bigger font. Also: Colored text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

99806112.jpg

[QUOTE=Oldih;759853]YOU CAN DISABLE THEM SERVER-SIDE IF YOU WISH.
Who will willingly play these severs with reduced features? Will they even be capable of maintaining consistant population as the game grows older or will everything be reduced to "Danzig 24/7 mode" all over again?

If there is a UC in this game then the driver definately needs a cape.:D[/QUOTE]

to be fair, the swat team guy did exist, they wore balaclavas in cold climate. your other points are spot on.

Upvote 0

Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over uncommon weapons, attachments, and gear? It shouldn't be far-fetched to assume a veteran (or hero) would have access to better equipment than others. The hero thing means you only have a very limited number, probably 1 per team. That reflects the idea that the weapon/gear is rare.

Upvote 0

Just because thing XYZ was used, it doesn't mean they have to implement it.

Upvote 0

99806112.jpg

[QUOTE=Oldih;759853]YOU CAN DISABLE THEM SERVER-SIDE IF YOU WISH.

If there is a UC in this game then the driver definately needs a cape.:D[/QUOTE]

How is that even remotely SWAT like? Because he's wearing a face mask to keep out the cold?

If you don't want to use the rare weapons, play on a server that doesn't use them, considering the playerbase of RO there will be quite a few of those servers.( I know I'll probably play on them as well)

The MP40/2 wasn't that good because you had to reload two magazines instead of one. It takes double the amount of time to load it. That and it probably had reliability issues.

You could answer all of your grievances yourself if you just thought about them for a bit instead of going off with knee-jerk reactions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faneca
Upvote 0

Swat team?
There is nothing swat about him, do you seriously believe only post-war folks pulled their balaclavas up and above their nose? The weapon he is carrying was at Stalingrad.. it's not an MP5.

So does that explain why there will be a handful of modern day Swat "Heroes" running around per side?

They can be disabled, no need to rant?
Play on the servers with a realism setting that *you* enjoy then.

And when the drum mag(s) become available how exactly do you then plan to balance it?

Are you serious?
People love customization and adapting to their preferences. What you wanna do is simply lock the game down and enjoy it in a forced mode.
Welcome to 21st century.. pick any other game out there and doubt you'll find any ability to mod or alter server settings nor interact with the devs for that matter.

You call it reduced features and I call it possibilities for everyone to enjoy what they like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
/snark

TW you promised us a realism game and yet you allow people to die in game and yet play again without consequences?!
I should have to pay at least $5 everytime I want to play another life because War involves sacrific. That's realism , and that's how we want it !!

/snark

Seriously . It's a game . I can respect that some have aired some very well articulated issues , however , some are a little over the top .

It's not CoD ( thank God ) and it's not ARMA ( I LOVE ARMA ), but it's sitting nice and pretty between the two. By all means , point out those little errors , but remember you're on a forum . You usually come off as whiney unless you preface your statements a bit .

Unfortunately TW isn't designing YOUR perfect dream game and must make business decisions .

Fortunately , however , they give us alot of power with server choices , mod and mappings tools etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Protip: You guys should get used to the weapons. They are not going to change.

I try and be open minded, but it's statements like this that make me step back and reevaluate your business model. I don't want a business telling me what I should buy; I want them to build something I want.

If your game isn't designed to be realistic or historically accurate, which you have marketed directly and indirectly, then just tell us now. Just be honest with us.

Upvote 0
I'm going to say it again that these new screen shots are freaken awesome, I can't wait to run the game maxed. Also I can't wait for any new footage or screenshots.

Seriously the forum I advertise HOS at has had the thread active all day since I posted the screens. Also advertising how RO is 50% off right now to get some of the people who are waiting for HOS to buy it (I hope some of them did). Thanks again for the awesome screens.

Also it's possible to start working on UDK right now and start mapping to get ready for the HOS SDK, but I need to use the same version you guys are using right? I'm pretty sure it was posted here before, was it the September Beta you guys are using, and if it's not mind clarifying on that.

Thanks.

I try and be open minded, but it's statements like this that make me step back and reevaluate your business model. I don't want a business telling me what I should buy; I want them to build something I want.

If your game isn't designed to be realistic or historically accurate, which you have marketed directly and indirectly, then just tell us now. Just be honest with us.

There are a couple of weapons that no one knows for sure if they were in Stalingrad or not, like Ramm said, they do not include weapons with definite proof of them not being used in Stalingrad. The whole game is suddenly not realistic because there are a couple of guns in there that no one knows if they were used or not.

Also whats wrong with his statement? it's 100% true, some people need to grow up and except the fact this game is not 100% catered to them and that adding a couple of weapons do not ruin the complete focus and immersion of the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0