• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I can't lunch the game

ParkingSonne

Oct 23, 2010
Hi all.
I've got a problem when i want to lunch this game and killing Floor:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2207 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
:(
Can somebody help me ? I searched on a lot of french forums, but nothing fixed the problem ! I'm french so scuse me if my english is'nt very good :)
Thank you !

Double check that all lines are commented out with a ;
excepts these two:

Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

I put my lines like it, i had a little hope, but it doesn't work. :(
But it's very nice to help me :)

Upvote 0
I wonder if it's a video card drivers issue. I googled for drivers for his card, apparently there are or were problems, so if he hasn't already, I would go to the ATI site, carefully look for the correct latest drivers, and try them. Notice there's a AGP hotfix [URL]http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx[/URL] so apparently it may not be easy! Another possibility is start your drivers search here http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/download_index_01.aspx?psn=0006 I'm courious how this all turns out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see you got the same problem as me im getting pretty pissed about it.
I hope somebody can post a fix that hopefully works in this topic.
If never have any problems with RO sins a few days and tryed some of the fixes i could find on google but it didnt help anything.

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2305 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (29)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (80070057). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- HandleBigChange <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Lock <- UViewport::Lock <- UWindowsViewport::Lock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cramble that is a completely different issue, please make a thread of your own (although you could try out these suggestions as well, if you are running a dual monitor setup try starting the game windowed) ;).

Parkingsonne are all your drivers up to date?

• If not make sure you have your latest drivers (for videocard at the least).
  • Update your directx revision to the latest build (a new one comes out like every few months).
  • Manually delete your red orchestra system folder, and verify the integrity of the game cache at steam (steam leaves loads of stuff behind, so make sure you manually delete).
  • Try a different renderer for red orchestra (remove the ; before the renderer you want to use add it before those you don't use).

;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

• Make sure as well that no firewall is blocking Red Orchestra, and that you are running the application in administrator modus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0