• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms series smeared.

This is a joke, right?

The idea could work...I mean Inglorious Basterds was pretty entertaining. But the execution of the trailer was just so...incredibly stupid. It looked like the concept was thought up by a 15 year old.

Also, anyone notice that the guy with the mask on his face is the voice of Hitman's Agent 47?

Upvote 0
Guys, they're still working on the Bastogne sequel just fyi.
I agree that BIA HH wasn't really that good, but the original from 2004 was in my opinion a fun experience and had some fresh mechanics at the time. This spinoff however does not appeal to me one bit, only thing i'm having my eye on from GBX is Alien Colonial Marines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Meh. I hope they go over the post processing again. The tiny grit details stick out way too much. Maybe some filter is swallowing the lower blackness levels in an effort to make details stick out more? I don't know, but it looks bad. The whole thing just reeks of UnrealEngine 3 too much too. Not that I dislike the engine, but I think it can do much better than this. And Gearbox can do better too. Borderlands had very distinctive look and Brothers in Arms looked much more realistic. Either way or something in between could work for this game, but the way it's currently set up makes it look like an amateur effort.

Upvote 0
Meh. I hope they go over the post processing again. The tiny grit details stick out way too much. Maybe some filter is swallowing the lower blackness levels in an effort to make details stick out more? I don't know, but it looks bad. The whole thing just reeks of UnrealEngine 3 too much too. Not that I dislike the engine, but I think it can do much better than this. And Gearbox can do better too. Borderlands had very distinctive look and Brothers in Arms looked much more realistic. Either way or something in between could work for this game, but the way it's currently set up makes it look like an amateur effort.
Well I don't care what visual style they go for -- this is true either way.

Honestly I don't know whether to be more irritated at Gearbox for making this POS or the media who seems to be wholeheartedly accepting it like a naive child lol ...

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Actin: Horrible as it may be as a game bearing the Brothers in Arms name, and horrible as it may or may not be as a game, it certainly didn't look like it would be any closer to resembling Medal of Duty than RO:Hoes. Why don't you leave the Call of Honorfront jokes to people who have a grasp of where to deploy them...

Was kinda late and the trailer just pissed me off (first Rainbow six, now this).
But my honest apologies if I crossed the line:eek:

Still think they just should have called it Inglorious Bastards, would be a nice one-time play on a Lan or something:cool:

Reactions: Murphy
Upvote 0
Can't say I'm that surprised. BiA was never that great to begin with. People reference the story but it always came off as cheesy and trying too hard to me. And while I admire Randy Pitchford's enthusiasm, he's a cornball. This is more vindication of both of those things.

Ya I always thought it was pretty meh too. Always pissed me off too that I could be pointing dead on a guy with my rifle and miss at like 30 meters :rolleyes:. It wouldn't bother me if they were blatantly trying for some unrealistic fun fest like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory or something but they weren't... "In-between" games seem to always suck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a complete aside: most Mexicans are Native Americans. Or at least derived from Native American stock. There were only a small number of Spanish in Mexico - doing the usual "European domination of indigenous population" thing.

A lot of Spanish and Mestizo live in Monterrey. I went there with a buddy and couldn't believe how many girls I saw with blond hair and some with blue/haze/green eyes.

Anyway, it's common knowledge in Mexico that a lot of the Spanish, who are pretty much the ruling class, look down upon the indigenous population.

Upvote 0
My only memories with BiA are massive weapon sway while aiming and Hell's Highway being boring. I honestly don't get the disappointment with the route Gearbox has taken with BiA. The only thing I could see is people facepalming at the cheesy German accents and such but that's supposed to be part of the humor. BiA to me was stale. This is a breath of fresh air. Not that I am sure I even care about the game or will play it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My only memories with BiA are massive weapon sway while aiming and Hell's Highway being boring. I honestly don't get the disappointment with the route Gearbox has taken with BiA. The only thing I could see is people facepalming at the cheesy German accents and such but that's supposed to be part of the humor. BiA to me was stale. This is a breath of fresh air. Not that I am sure I even care about the game or will play it...

I think that the whole outrage is that the devs decided to take a series and utterly reverse it. Whether you like the changes or the original game, it really shouldn't have gone under that series; thats just marketing, and is garunteed to anger the community (and a company should keep some respect at least for the community).

Now, if they want to make a video game of Inglorious Basterds, they can go ahead. Its all a matter of peoples tastes, if they want a cartoony ridiculous over-the-top nukem vs nazi game, then they have just as much of a right to entertainment as those who want something completely different. However, hijacking a series thats the complete opposite of that and basically trying to kill that series for the purpose of fueling something totally different...what were they expecting? Also, complaints about quality, ect, are okay (if they actually exist), as those are less subjective.

Upvote 0