• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Yeah, we took a look at the floor-plan a little while ago and saw the insane scale of the "big boys" stands. Some of those guys are paying over $1m just for the floor space, before they even start building out. Any "normal" size booth will just end up looking like EA's toilet in comparison!

Upvote 0
Yeah, we took a look at the floor-plan a little while ago and saw the insane scale of the "big boys" stands. Some of those guys are paying over $1m just for the floor space, before they even start building out. Any "normal" size booth will just end up looking like EA's toilet in comparison!

Yeah, I remember going one year, and seeing a 30 foot tall Veritech for an upcoming Robotech game. Impressive "booths."

At this point, it only seems worth it if the game is being marketed on multiple platforms to justify the expense. I'm hoping the RO "series" stays PC pure as long as possible.

Upvote 0
BF3 is at E3 :D

Unfortunate that this game wont be their that will surely hit sales hard.

Everything else is console rubbish i just wish this game would of been their !!!
No, it is not unfortunate.

Instead of going to E3 to compete with companies that spend literally millions of dollars on their booths there, they will continue working on their game and go to some other convention, with a more complete product and with more room to make an impression and draw in an audience.

E3 is for the big developers and publishers, so they can flex their muscles at each other and show how much faith they have in their products (or rather, how much money they can blow on marketing).

Unless you're showing off a multi-platform mainstream game, which you are making under the "guidance" of one of the big publishers, there's often little to nothing to gain for a relatively small dev company from going to E3.

Last edited:
Reactions: MÆST and u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
No, it is not unfortunate.

Instead of going to E3 to compete with companies that spend literally millions of dollars on their booths there, they will continue working on their game and go to some other convention, with a more complete product and with more room to make an impression and draw in an audience.

E3 is for the big developers and publishers, so they can flex their muscles at each other and show how much faith they have in their products (or rather, how much money they can blow on marketing).

Unless you're showing off a multi-platform mainstream game, which you are making under the "guidance" of one of the big publishers, there's often little to nothing to gain for a relatively small dev company from going to E3.

They pay millions to make millions simple as that.

You could pay 1 mil and earn up to double that when the game comes to shelfs how do you think the BF series ever did so good along with call of duty and batman ?

You must sacrifice everything you have to move forward in this industry my friend you cant expect many sale if you dont pull your leg out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You could pay 1 mil and earn up to double that when the game comes to shelfs how do you think the BF series ever did so good along with call of duty and batman ?

You must sacrifice everything you have to move forward in this industry my friend you cant expect many sale if you dont pull your leg out.
Do you think IW and DICE spent the same amount of money on marketing when their first games came out as they do now?

(just so you know, the marketing budget for both BF3 and MW3 is over $100 mil).

Do you really think that a small dev company should spend huge amounts of money on marketing? Wouldn't it be better to instead spend it on actually making the game better?

Do you expect TWI to compete in the marketing department with IW and DICE, who have Activision Blizzard and EA backing them?

Upvote 0
..or you can send me to E3 armed with a duffelbag full of DVD's with new exciting HoS media and other Tripwire shtuff. I'll walk around and strike up conversations and hand out the DVD's/goodies. Airline ticket + food and lodging (plus cost of the DVD's/goodies) will run you much less than 1 Mil.

[standing in the crowd at the BF3 booth] "..oh, you think that's cool? ..then you need to give this a try. You'll still be playing it in 5 years, trust me on that. This'll be BF5 by then and you'll be out $180" *hands out Tripwire DVD*

[lurking around the CoD booth] "..pfft you call that realistic? Don't you hate all the asshattery you get in that game? Kinda makes you feel like a 10 year old doesnt it.. You and your friends will dig this.." *hands out Tripwire DVD*

[at the Sony booth, oogling the booth babes] "Hey dude ..after that hacking crap you really want to give these guys more money? PC is the way to go. Check out this game, you'll still be playing it 5 years down the road. Best bang for your buck, and your credit card info won't get stolen" *hands out Tripwire DVD and IS2 keychain*

:cool:

Upvote 0

And you honestly don't think that TWI hasn't sacrificed everything to be where they are today? You're wrong, just take the time to read their origin story. They clearly put EVERYTHING on the line for a relatively small chance of success and that takes massive balls.

I'm really not trying to suck up to the devs here. It just irritates me that you are suggesting that the guys working at this independent game studio aren't sacrificing to make this game a reality and that's simply the opposite of what is true.

Upvote 0
And you honestly don't think that TWI hasn't sacrificed everything to be where they are today? You're wrong, just take the time to read their origin story. They clearly put EVERYTHING on the line for a relatively small chance of success and that takes massive balls.

I'm really not trying to suck up to the devs here. It just irritates me that you are suggesting that the guys working at this independent game studio aren't sacrificing to make this game a reality and that's simply the opposite of what is true.

let me help everyone put a respective on this. bf3 and mw3 have there respective companies backing them. (which are giving them 100 million dollars to spend. (just used number from earlier post didn't actually research because that is irrelevant to my point.) that 100 mil to the producers is chump change (they have probably 10x that amount sitting around. where as tripwire might have at the very very most and this might be a stretch 10 million but probably much less. my bet is that if they have 10 million in the budget there spending pretty much everything they have. where as dice and iw are using there publishers spare change to make there game and they get less say on how its budgeted as well.. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
..or you can send me to E3 armed with a duffelbag full of DVD's with new exciting HoS media and other Tripwire shtuff. I'll walk around and strike up conversations and hand out the DVD's/goodies. Airline ticket + food and lodging (plus cost of the DVD's/goodies) will run you much less than 1 Mil.

[standing in the crowd at the BF3 booth] "..oh, you think that's cool? ..then you need to give this a try. You'll still be playing it in 5 years, trust me on that. This'll be BF5 by then and you'll be out $180" *hands out Tripwire DVD*

[lurking around the CoD booth] "..pfft you call that realistic? Don't you hate all the asshattery you get in that game? Kinda makes you feel like a 10 year old doesnt it.. You and your friends will dig this.." *hands out Tripwire DVD*

[at the Sony booth, oogling the booth babes] "Hey dude ..after that hacking crap you really want to give these guys more money? PC is the way to go. Check out this game, you'll still be playing it 5 years down the road. Best bang for your buck, and your credit card info won't get stolen" *hands out Tripwire DVD and IS2 keychain*

:cool:

lol, I say give it a go. Either that or organise 64 people to dress up as Germans and Russians, hire a couple of tanks, give them all guns (with blanks of course) and stage a battle in the parking lot. Then have a commissar shouting at everyone watching to buy RO2:D.
That would certainly get some attention, but it might be a little out of TWI's budget.

don't make me get that image out :p
Oh please do:p

Upvote 0