• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about Map Achievements

AnHeroPrime

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 23, 2011
I just recently got level 6 on a few of my perks and I've yet to play much on suicidal or hell on earth. So my question is, if i beat a map on hell on earth will also get the suicidal map achievement? Do I need to beat the map seperately on each achievement or can i just skip suicidal?

no, the acheivs only apply to their respective difficulty. I know your probably going "oh what a pain", but here's my suggestion: don't hunt for achievs. Play what you personally want to play, and let the achievs come to you. Perks and acheivements aren't the goal of the game, they are supplemants. The real goal is just a vague "have fun". I would also suggest checking out the modding section as well as modded servers.

Upvote 0
Yeah, for example, check my achivements.
I've unlocked Santa's Lair on Normal, Hard and HoE but not Suicidal (same thing with Suburbia).
You may think it's unfair, but this makes you play the game more.
And by doing that, especialy if you play mostly on Pub servers like myself, you will most likely meet new and cool players. This happened a lot to me.

Think of it as "forcing you to socialize" :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, for example, check my achivements.
I've unlocked Santa's Lair on Normal, Hard and HoE but not Suicidal (same thing with Suburbia).
You may think it's unfair, but this makes you play the game more.
And by doing that, especialy if you play mostly on Pub servers like myself, you will most likely meet new and cool players. This happened a lot to me.

Think of it as "forcing you to socialize" :D

If I can already beat HoE and I'm 6lv, forcing me to paly normal is just a total waste of time. Because I wont die if I dont want to... even a 6man fleshpound can be killed by any perked weapon with ease. And rage fps on normal dont hurt remember?

It's not like you help new player to get better in the game. They can just sit there and die every wave, and you do EVERYTHING (and you can), and all of you get the achievement.

Upvote 0
If I can already beat HoE and I'm 6lv, forcing me to paly normal is just a total waste of time. Because I wont die if I dont want to... even a 6man fleshpound can be killed by any perked weapon with ease. And rage fps on normal dont hurt remember?

It's not like you help new player to get better in the game. They can just sit there and die every wave, and you do EVERYTHING (and you can), and all of you get the achievement.

why should you get an achievement for something you didn

Upvote 0
They always kill the last zed when you tell them not to. And spend 50+ seconds at trader when you tell them not to. Shoot the fleshpound or scrake with 9mm when you tell them not to. They do anything wrong after you tell them how. They just dont like to listen.

Same problem exists also on higher difficulties. With only 1 difference - on Normal/Hard you are finishing wave alone, on HoE you just get wiped.

Upvote 0
HOW, is the problem. They always kill the last zed when you tell them not to. And spend 50+ seconds at trader when you tell them not to. Shoot the fleshpound or scrake with 9mm when you tell them not to. They do anything wrong after you tell them how. They just dont like to listen.

At the end of the day, they die. And because I dont want to waste my time, I wont suicide with them. I kill the last 100 zeds. And next wave? They die again. And if I dont want to kill 100 zeds EVERY wave? I help them killing all threats.

well take consolation that those are the players who will play the game for maybe a week or so then quit out of frustration.

in those situations yea your kinda hosed but thats just because you got stuck playing with people who probably shouldnt be playing the game anyways.

Upvote 0
well take consolation that those are the players who will play the game for maybe a week or so then quit out of frustration.

in those situations yea your kinda hosed but thats just because you got stuck playing with people who probably shouldnt be playing the game anyways.

You sound like kf still have a large group of people playing. But let't face the fact: they actually "not that much" people playing the game.

People talk very much about 6-man ____ (difficulty here), but you get lucky to have 4 people in a server. And if you have a team or group of people constanly playing the game, you wont even be in these suituations.

Upvote 0
You sound like kf still have a large group of people playing. But let't face the fact: they actually "not that much" people playing the game.

People talk very much about 6-man ____ (difficulty here), but you get lucky to have 4 people in a server. And if you have a team or group of people constanly playing the game, you wont even be in these suituations.

I don't know, last time I checked KF was pretty popular. It certainly hasn't died, if that's what you mean.

Upvote 0
If you check steam stats, you will see KF in top 20 most playable games (sorted by player count). It is hard to find server, because most or them are empty or completely full. So I usually join to an empty server, play solo for a couple of waves, then others join. On wave 4-5 server becomes full.

Upvote 0
If you check steam stats, you will see KF in top 20 most playable games (sorted by player count). It is hard to find server, because most or them are empty or completely full. So I usually join to an empty server, play solo for a couple of waves, then others join. On wave 4-5 server becomes full.

I use filter and only ignore empty servers, then I get... 10? servers on HoE? And may be only one or two of them having a ping lower than 150. May be that's jsut me... or... 90% people just paly hard or below?

And I can hardly die on normal or hard... may be I should say, normal and hard is NOT FUN AT ALL for me.

It's not because I'm 6lv. Even I can choose my own level like many peopel suggested, still I can hardly die on those difficulties. Mainly because 9mm one-shot decap anything under bloat. And all zeds are 10 times slower than myself. I outrun everything except charging (or raging) zeds.

If I already get use to the difficulty of HoE or suicidal, playing on hard or below is not doing anything productive. The only reason for me to be in a normal or hard server is when I want my achievements. And I wont suicide. So the result is, if the others is not total idiot, we win wihtout me even shoot. OR, the team wipes and me and may be another 6lv survive (and we should) then clean everything else. What do new players learn? THIS: "I can get my achievement when teaming with 6lvs."

And no, sorry, no. Teaching them on normal or hard only help them win on those easy difficulties. And after dying quite a few times, they can do so. And suddenly the jump to suicidal, they die. Because most zed is a improved version on suicidal or above. Anything effective on normal or hard become useless. Simple example: knife and 9mm. On suicidal suddenly they are nearly useless. And on hard they can spam with their weapon and the wave ends long b4 they run out of ammo. And on suicidal the are out of ammo at the middle of the wave.

Coaching on normal or hard? Still useless unless they will never play suicidal or HoE. So again, I dont know the purpose of playing normal or hard. And I gave up those achievements already after some maps..... Normal or hard is only for leveling or learning what can the zeds do like gorefast will charge and fleshpound will rage. Thing like "unperked xbow stun scrakes" or "9mm is effective for anything below scrakes", or "I can outrun crawlers" are totally wrong on suicidal and HoE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
I use filter and only ignore empty servers, then I get... 10? servers on HoE? And may be only one or two of them having a ping lower than 150. May be that's jsut me... or... 90% people just paly hard or below?

And I can hardly die on normal or hard... may be I should say, normal and hard is NOT FUN AT ALL for me.

It's not because I'm 6lv. Even I can choose my own level like many peopel suggested, still I can hardly die on those difficulties. Mainly because 9mm one-shot decap anything under bloat. And all zeds are 10 times slower than myself. I outrun everything except charging (or raging) zeds.

If I already get use to the difficulty of HoE or suicidal, playing on hard or below is not doing anything productive. The only reason for me to be in a normal or hard server is when I want my achievements. And I wont suicide. So the result is, if the others is not total idiot, we win wihtout me even shoot. OR, the team wipes and me and may be another 6lv survive (and we should) then clean everything else. What do new players learn? THIS: "I can get my achievement when teaming with 6lvs."

And no, sorry, no. Teaching them on normal or hard only help them win on those easy difficulties. And after dying quite a few times, they can do so. And suddenly the jump to suicidal, they die. Because most zed is a improved version on suicidal or above. Anything effective on normal or hard become useless. Simple example: knife and 9mm. On suicidal suddenly they are nearly useless. And on hard they can spam with their weapon and the wave ends long b4 they run out of ammo. And on suicidal the are out of ammo at the middle of the wave.

Coaching on normal or hard? Still useless unless they will never play suicidal or HoE. So again, I dont know the purpose of playing normal or hard. And I gave up those achievements already after some maps..... Normal or hard is only for leveling or learning what can the zeds do like gorefast will charge and fleshpound will rage. Thing like "unperked xbow stun scrakes" or "9mm is effective for anything below scrakes", or "I can outrun crawlers" are totally wrong on suicidal and HoE.

so baisically, they should join HoE straight away so they can get used to it?

Upvote 0
"It is pointless to force plyers who are already 6lv and have what it needs to win HoE to play normal or hard if they want the achievements."

So get a group of friends together and mess around in the lower difficulties if you want the achievements that badly. KF doesn't have to be srs business all the time.

Alternatively, get a hobby and stop worrying about completely meaningless achievements in a completely meaningless (although awesome) video game.

Reactions: timur and SMIFF
Upvote 0