• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Potato Alternate Reality Game

So... I'd love to participate, but after 1 hour and 48 minutes of play and all 70k, a troll called Yum Yum freaking trader blocked me and prevented me from getting the tater. TWI, if ur listening, KILL HIM. Guess i'll try again later.. Gotta get a friends private server working, so noone else can troll me again.

Anti-block plugin ftw?

Upvote 0
This event is as done as it can be at the moment, once you get the achievement, the file gets downloaded to your machine, change it to a rar, the password to access the files is "carnivore", the images inside are of Portal 2 the d file needs to be changed to a zip or rar file which will say corrupt when you open it, inside you'll have other files that you can't open.

The source believes that once all the games are solved and we have all the files with the letters only then can we open the main file.

Until then theres nothing more to do no?

Upvote 0
This event is as done as it can be at the moment, once you get the achievement, the file gets downloaded to your machine, change it to a rar, the password to access the files is "carnivore", the images inside are of Portal 2 the d file needs to be changed to a zip or rar file which will say corrupt when you open it, inside you'll have other files that you can't open.

The source believes that once all the games are solved and we have all the files with the letters only then can we open the main file.

Until then theres nothing more to do no?

wasn't there that strange photo of a bear statue? Or is that Portal related?

Upvote 0
Not sure if this helps but stupid science guy is the last 3 words of security officer thorne

Biography

Horzine pays the bills. The wife is happy because we can eat again. I get
to drink again. I'm happy. Salary bonus? Sure! I says. Experimental whats-its?
Don't mind if I do. Should a seen it coming. On the bright side, I can bend
things real good now. Metal, bones. anything. And the rats they throw me is
tasty. I bet that science guy would be tasty, too. When I get out of here I'm
gonna to tear off a little piece of him. Stupid science guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: C_Gibby and SMIFF
Upvote 0
Seems like we have another clue:
There are locked rooms in the new map.
Inside them are weapons and ... welded tubes.

So I unwelded it, jumped down and got teleported to a observation room.
There was a writing on a wall.

the secret is Barmy
the secret is Dead
the secret is not Lost
i AM the secret
I found the same message at the end of another tube, but this time with 2 additional lines:

USE ME
I SAID USE ME

Last edited:
Upvote 0