• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scavenged clothing

WinTurkey

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
I've heard that during the winter months in Stalingrad soldiers on both sides would scavenge clothing that they could find to keep warm. I don't know how realistic this would be, but I think an interesting feature for the winter maps would be having a soldier randomly spawn every so often wearing a cloak or similar that is not strictly part of their uniform, maybe a fur coat they stole from a shop or even something they took off the body of an enemy soldier, thus creating a whole theme of possible mistaken identity where a Gerry gets mistaken by the Soviets for one of their own because he's wearing a similarly coloured overcoat on top of his uniform, or something.

How about if your tank starts burning, you get a fire screen?

and when you filter your home made hooch through your gas mask filters you get a psychedelic screen?

psychedelic_bay.jpg

Upvote 0
Using enemy clothes would be out of the question, to many TK's, but i have no doubt they could find civilian clothes amongst the rubble and abandoned homes.

Thing is though, to avoid further TK's, anything they could wear would have to be discreet, so they are still easilly identifiable as German, perhabs it would be best if you could just see they are wearing something scavenged under their uniform in some way.

Upvote 0
In the Battle of the Bulge, a platoon (I think) of German Commandos went disguised as American soldiers and caused confusion by slightly switching road plates and such. They did have perfect English accent, wich helped them to walk around calmly and undetected until they where caught.

Would be nice to see this in RO2.

Upvote 0
In the Battle of the Bulge, a platoon (I think) of German Commandos went disguised as American soldiers and caused confusion by slightly switching road plates and such. They did have perfect English accent, wich helped them to walk around calmly and undetected until they where caught.

No, it really woulden't..

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0

yeah if RO2 were a spy game

Upvote 0