• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Version?

Are there even Macs powerful enough to run it?

Was that a serious question? :p

I first played UT 2004 back when it just came out on a MAC. I was playing on a 24" or so monitor. A few years back, the Apple stores used to have games like Homeworld 2, Halo, Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell, ect. on the shelves. Of course, not nearly as popular as Windows, but they are capable of playing games.

Upvote 0
Mac Fanboys to the rescue.

VariousNames said:
lol
I've never owned an Apple product in my entire life, and that includes an iPod

I would never in my lifetime purchase an Apple product

I didn't realize that making a conscious and strained effort to overcome my bias against Apple products made me a fanboy but
the_more_you_know1.jpg

Upvote 0
My earlier comment (why not just buy windows) was more of a joke.

I thought it was just funny that every forum there is always a mac thread.
I always then go into my head and think 'don't they get frustrated that they always have to wait or have unoptimized games'.

I don't even own a mac, but I know a couple people who do, and their only experience with gaming is through Macs, so I was hoping one of my favourite game makers will be doing a Mac version so I can share the joy.
:D

Upvote 0
My earlier comment (why not just buy windows) was more of a joke.

I always then go into my head and think 'don't they get frustrated that they always have to wait or have unoptimized games'.

Didn't want to start a flame war:D

I always end up back on the same point. Why pay, for e.g $2499 for an entry level mac when you can buy the same hardware and OS for $1000? :confused::D

Is the Apple sticker really worth $1500 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I don't even own a mac, but I know a couple people who do, and their only experience with gaming is through Macs, so I was hoping one of my favourite game makers will be doing a Mac version so I can share the joy.
:D

Same here. I have a couple of friends who I know would be very interested in RO2, and I'm sure Tripwire could expect at LEAST 50,000 sales from the mac side (just a hunch), what with macs getting more and more capable gaming-wise, and an increased interest in mac gaming thanks to Steam.

Upvote 0
Indeed and each to his/her own of course. Personally I would rather the $1500 was in my wallet, but that's just me :)
I agree. I recommend apple to friends that ask me for advice, so long as they're not needing to do anything edge-of-the-art, because apple has superb support. I know I won't get a call for help. Worth it to them, and me :)
I can't imagine a serious gamer considering apple - you are so limited re: GPU horsepower under OSX, and if you're going to dual boot into windows, why not just save big $ and get a proper windows PC.

But as you said, to each their own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL!?!? Alienware = same as all the other ware + huge price tag :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm guessing you're joking...?

All prebuilts carry obscene price tags, largely due to software licensing fees as I understand. That includes Alienware, which is, as I understand it, notorious for being overpriced, particularly with their custom artsy case designs.

As stupid as it sounds, it's always more economical to buy the parts at retail and throw them in a case yourself. Better price...better performance. More time spent shopping, but such are things.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Heyho,

With UE 3 coming to mac we will be exploring the option. No more to say at this point.

Sounds good!

Well, on this forum u guys shouldn't be surprised too much about such threads, considering that TWI used to support (Red Orchestra: Combined Arms) and still supports (Killing Floor) their games on other operating systems.

Steam for OS-X is available for nearly a year now, and now UE3 about to come to the Mac -> great news!

P.S.: Btw, where's roost for Mac, a bit overdue, isn't it? :p

Upvote 0
Even if HoS isn't ported directly for mac, you can still run programs like bootcamp that allow you to play windows games on macs. One of the animal clan guys ran ROOST on a macbook with bootcamp and it worked fine for him.

this
a friend of mine plays all the games me and my "windows" friends play on her macbook with bootcamp

works fine
just check ur system specs (once TWI sheds some light on that) and you should be good to go

Upvote 0