• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Witcher 2

I think it's only because GOG and the Witcher series are from CD Projekt.

Oh, that's nice. I didn't know they owned GOG.com. Was GOG.com founded by CD Projekt or did they just buy it?

GOG.com is really good, much better than Steam in a lot of ways (no, I'm not a Steam hater). I love how they don't employ the $1 = €1 rule that Steam employs.

GOG.com website said:
Since the EU price is almost $16 more than the price in USD, we’re giving our EU customers a $16 credit to purchase anything on GOG.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just pre-ordered from amazon.co.uk for 36,40€ :D Seriously for such a price, how can you not buy this? Premium Edition even has goodies like making of, sound track, some pamphlet and a coin, world map, etc. and it's so cheap

Play.com has it for 34,99€ http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/156...sassins-Of-Kings-Premium-Edition/Product.html

D2D has it for 37,75€ http://www.direct2drive.eu/1/10080/...:-Assassins-of-Kings-Digital-Premium-Download

I just noticed. It's DRM free anywhere you buy it(Steam of course...).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i liked the art direction in this game. i'm not a big fan of monsters and magic stuff, but i'll tolerate it just so i can play with the knights and soldiers in this game. the levle of detail and accuracy in the armors and armaments is really incredible and unprecedented.

finally, a fantasy game that doesn't have a bunch of girly men dancing around in gay spikey armor.

Upvote 0
I've been playing Witcher 1 recently for the first time, and I echo the sentiments that this is a must own for RPG fans. It's so well done in every way. The amount of side missions really give the game a lot of heft.. nothing worse than a shallow, quick run through RPG. The music is great, the artwork as well, teh sex (I'm such a whore.. there's gonna be little witchers everywhere :p).

I was leaving a Salamandra base and I heard one of the City Guards whistle the Imperial/Darth Vader theme. I was like, wha? did I just hear that?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to finishing this one up and continuing the conquests of Temerian women :D (though I'll probably wait till the game is drastically reduced in price as I usually do)

Upvote 0
I loved the story of the first one but the combat really got on my nerves. Stopped halfway through because I got distracted by fallout 3 and never really picked it back up.

From the looks of the trailers though, they improved the combat and so this definitely on the list to keep an eye on.

What was wrong with the combat? I found it refreshing.

Upvote 0
I can't point out anything in particular that was wrong with the combat, the way it played out though just rubbed me the wrong way. It felt tedious and just lacking in something. Just my opinion.

In which way they are changing the combat for the new one?
I read that they added more functionality, but I don't know if you'll still have to time your attacks to get the combos done.

Upvote 0
The one negative I would draw about the combat in the first one was that it was very threadbare at the start of the game. It wasn't until you got a silver blade and improved your combo's that it became good.

I like the fact that magic will be more seamlessly integrated into the combat, it would have been epic to be able to rip out that push ability in the middle of a combo rather than having to break the combo chain to do it.

Reactions: Fedorov and ERK
Upvote 0