• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Crosshairs will be LIVE from TWI's offices

Here's some thoughts from ibleed, on the bash forums here.

Hockeywarrior wrote:
Amazing cast! It was great to see ibleedv20 get to play the game and give his impressions. I'm also really happy he went in with the mindset of being the "lowest common denominator" for the sake of testing accessibility. Great idea and I'm glad you did -- it allowed you to see the big picture and not get caught up on what I'm sure was an overwhelming amount of details in the game.
For the love of god someone finally hits the nail on the head.
I was shown all the features and I consider those types of things learned additions to the game.
The whole concept of basic playability of the game was my focus.
Actually I played the game in the most hardcore way imaginable.
We have seen so many features in games and they are not new.
Although JG has put them together in a uncompromisingly unique way.
I was shown all the features beforehand by John and they all work flawlessly as you can also see in all his gameplay videos.

Finally playing the game for only 4 hours hardly gives you an opportunity to study and learn the features in this game. There was a war going on and my main concern was engaging with the mindset of being a valuable asset to the team.

As for scoping it only takes a moment to realize that this is a system to learn and appreciate over time.

Tanking is also a specialized experience that is more than a feature.That is why I referred to it as a game within a game.

Guns are not so elitist in this game that one cannot jump in and use them.Yet they also offer the gamer a long term experience to master them in all the different conditions one might find themselves in. Hardly enough time to explore them all in the different situations one would find themselves in.

When I refer to this game as a mature game I am trying to share the fact that it is created with an authenticity and depth created by deep thinking and offers the consumer to purchase a game that is an investment in entertainment that will have repeat playability for years to come.

As for those that had doubts about the look of the game and whether it can hold it's own next to recent releases using dx10 and dx11 this game is not a disappointment.At least in my mind. When you include lovingly crafted detail in structures and foliage and get a taste of the lighting applied you can equal some of the more recent releases that offer destructibility and every other widget. I think TWI has craftily put the effort where it brings the biggest bang for the buck. When you look at walls of buildinds you see bricks and mortar in relief and not a painted background type look.

Could I find areas of improvement for my own tastes and what I might perceive to be others tastes?
Of course I could .
But who am I to judge taste?

Could I talk about opportunities for this game to be even more inclusive to even more players ?
Of course I could.
But who am I to suggest who TWI should make a game to appeal to.
But I did offer some thoughts about that while I was there.Humbly.

In the end this game will appeal to some segment of the gaming population that is out there
I truthfully hope that segment is larger than I or TWI realizes.
In the end Quality should be preserved and appreciated in this current gaming climate where cookie cutter releases dominate the market.

And shouldn't that be the way things happen in all things.
Encourage quality and consume wisely.

Reactions: LemoN and Oldih
Upvote 0
Just an FYI there was nothing indicated to me that the game is early, late or otherwise.

I just want to thank TWI again for the hospitality and the chance to playtest an amazing,craftily featured and immersive game that I truly feel is groundbreaking and cuts across the grain of all the imitators of other contemporary games.

Best game I have ever played. Hands down......You know !?

Motto: Too young to rock and drool and too old to bind.
Thanks for the upfront and honest interview and review, Sam. It sounds as if you had quite the similar spiritual experience with RO:HoS as many of us had with RO:OST at some point. I've often told new players (and CoD junkies in particular) to stick with it(RO:OST) for a week or two. All it takes is that one map/match that draws you in and makes you feel as if you are there and in fear of your life to hook you. It would appear that in less than 4 hours you were so 'touched' and you left wanting to play more. Coming from a self-admitted "CoD love to run n gun" player that speaks volumes about the game (and especially so to those who have experienced something of TW's game philosophy). I can't wait......

Oh, thanks again to you and especially John, Alan, TW, et al for the unprecedented access. How many here can honestly say they've seen such approachability and openess from a game developer?
It is appreciated :cool:

Floyd

Upvote 0
Please be patient with the editing of the cast.
I apologize for the problems streaming on Ustream.
I have made the stream private until I can find some way of presenting it in a dignified manner that is equal to what the game deserves. Ha Ha fat chance.

Also if anyone has the uninterrupted complete audio please point me to it.I am not sure I got it all recorded. I don't mind if you recorded it.

I was casting with a setup in a pinch that was quite a bit different than usual.

Thnx guys

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I apologize for the problems streaming on Ustream.

Apology not accepted! Because there's nothing to apologize for.. it was a live stream done on location, we all know thouse can get Gremlin'ed, it comes with the territory, and nobody would hold that against you.

Murphy paid you a visit, but you fixed it and where able to continue the show, that's a success in my book :)

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0