• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character DLC: Female avatars and new voices

Character DLC: Female avatars and new voices

• Yes, makes sense.

Votes: 159 75.4%
  • No!

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters
I just bought this game and love it. I've played it a for 15 hours in just a few days and even considered buying 1 or2 of the DLC packs.
However, the voices being the same stopped me.

Having the same voice actor for everyone makes it annoying.

Please record at least a few more and muffle the ones on Gas Masked characters.

Say 2 voice actors spread across the original 6 characters. Muffle the voice a bit of the gas masked ones.

Then give at least a couple from each DLC pack a unique voice.
There are VERY few phrases so the recording wouldnt take long, and the effort would be rewarded with increased sales of the DLC. I know I would buy 1 or 2 for sure!

Trip wire has done a GREAT job writing a bio for each of these characters. Why not give them even more character. I'm not talking about lots of stupid catch phrases, but hearing the same guy say "RELOADING!" 100 times in a game is just...not cool.

Some might say, why waste resources on something aesthetic that doesn't effect gameplay. Well it will effect gameplay to a certain extent.
Knowing which person says something is useful in communicating.

As far as adding a DLC with Females, this is a MUST!
I seriously have a female friend who loves L4D and tried KF. She decided against getting it over L4D and the tie breaker was "no female characters". lol

Upvote 0
ok, tripwire might not be ready to make the new models or coding, but i am sure theres plenty of talent out there that would be more than happy to work on that stuff. Then all they have to do is polish them up and throw them into the face of these hideous creatures. the creators of the models would be rewarded with free dlc featuring what they have made of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love female characters and voices. :3 But it's not a must. I'm happy with Mr. Foster!

As far as adding a DLC with Females, this is a MUST!
I seriously have a female friend who loves L4D and tried KF. She decided against getting it over L4D and the tie breaker was "no female characters". lol

Lol, that's just silly. That's not a reason to not play the game.. -_-

Upvote 0
I just wanted to add in my two cents.

I am a female gamer, and I like having the choice of character I want to play. It bothers me when games that include a choice of character don't have any females. It also bothers me that the only female in this game is a Trader who hides until all the bad monsters are gone. She seems like a tough woman, but come on.

When it comes to race, it would be cool to have a mix. I would like an Asian (I am biased toward Japanese, personally) to be included. I would like it if they at least seemed tough, capable of taking care of themselves, definitely no bimbo princesses in my killing floor, please. I do like the idea of one of them having a back story of being a mother who lost her family, and joined the fight.

I also don't mind it being DLC, or even if it costs a dollar or two more than the other packs (not too much, though), just to compensate for all the extra work and cost. That's fair enough to me.

Personally, I don't like being treated special because I'm a girl. I'm a little used to being helped and protected because my PC is a flaming ball of **** that makes me lag in most games, but I do my best, and I don't go around saying I'm a girl to get special treatment or money--I don't ask for money unless I really have to.

Definitely hope female characters get introduced eventually. :)

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say that if the big problem is the voice acting, there is a fair easy solution. TWI can make a contest for female voice acting, with a small prize for the winner (4 new codes for every tripwire game?) and two more smaller prizes.

I've seen similar things done in free games (with no prize, obviously) and it worked quite well.

If the contest proves to be popular, they could even bother to do a male one, and change a few of the character voices.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
.....No

Keep furries out of my killing floor. They need not to corrupt every game they touch :mad:

:troll: hohoho.

Just wanted to say that if the big problem is the voice acting, there is a fair easy solution. TWI can make a contest for female voice acting, with a small prize for the winner (4 new codes for every tripwire game?) and two more smaller prizes.

I've seen similar things done in free games (with no prize, obviously) and it worked quite well.

If the contest proves to be popular, they could even bother to do a male one, and change a few of the character voices.

I'm happy with this idea, actually. It'd be nice if there was some competition where everyone has the chance to make voicesets for every character in the game. I'd love to have a go at Aldridge myself. :D

Upvote 0

nah, the bigger problem is the models and animations at the moment. If someone were to make a base model for TWI to add to, as well as accompanying animations....then we're talking.

Upvote 0
Women arent strong enough to survive a Mutant Apocalypse and they aint got the muscles to hold a shotgun.

This is meant as a joke, right?

yea i wanna see the girl with chainsaw on kf ;)
attachment.php

"It was to have been a closed rehearsal for the Royal Ballet's production of Les Sylphides. The zeds, however, had their own thoughts on this matter. Ultimately, the long years of practiced coordination paid handsome dividends for the corps de ballet. Sadly, the members of the Company's orchestra were not nearly as fortunate."

YES, to female DLC!

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, what countries allow women to serve in combat roles? Israel is famous for it, but who else?

On-topic, I've always supported female DLC, and that position hasn't changed.

I can't recall the others at the moment, but I know that the leading militaries are starting to shift towards what Isreal is doing.

I do remember that Australia has women serving actively in the Navy, particularly the submarine forces, but that's the only example I can really remember atm:eek:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I like the diea of a competition, sounds good to me. This could also go with another map making competition and also the best mod competition. That would get people going and it would be fun to see all the new stuff. All the winning items could be released in a patch.

Female characters really don't bother me either way, I really believe that it's such a small feature of the game that I wouldn't notice the difference, but I'm certinly not against it. I love new characters so I welcome anything new. But yeah, whether it's female or male really doesn't bother me.

To all those people who say things like Tripwire are sexist/racist, whatever because they don't release females or other cultures, there are reasons and those accusations are unfair. For cultures, it is set in London, so that explains all the British. As for females, as mentioned in previous posts, they are generally used for eye candy, and really, Killing Floor should not stoop to that level. It is one of the best put together games I've evr played and I wouldn't want to see it ruined by some skimply dressed female model. Just to let you know, I am male and teenage and bloody straight, but games are not the place for that sort of thing, it's a bit wierd really...

I like the skins suggested with the army woman and the cop, but I'm not big on the Goths or the Japanese girl, try not to add Anime stuff in, it's not designed for such things. It is a grungy game, it neds to retain that feel.

That is what i have to say, if I have caused offence to anyone, my apologies, there was none intended. Thanks

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
It does make sense, I have voted yes as well. However I would like the female model or models+voice to be released for free, then TWI could create some DLC for retail... everything should be available for free in small doses to keep the game (Hah, I've typed mod, still not got used to the fact that it is a standalone game now ;) ) going on a good track!

I was also wondering about a black people models? We don't have any of them and I think it would be good to have at least one or two, considering that black society belongs to UK. Don't believe that all black people have died during the massacre :D

Upvote 0