• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-TheHiveV2

Whenever this map is loaded I get an error that scrolls continuously.

Code:
(Karma): KInitSkeletonKarma: Asset not found.
Running on a unix dedicated server. Some other forums said its a ut2k4 thing that's missing some files, which I can't seem to find, any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am having this issue as well with my Linux server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Love to see a final of this as I greatly enjoyed the map.

However, personally I found this map a little easy, we (group of 6, mostly lv 6 perks but some lower) managed to get to the patriarch on suicidal without much hassle or teamwork, a couple of deaths but only in danger of all of us going once (sewer bomb tunnels with fp - nice). It would be nice to feel that on suicidal I was actually in danger of dying the whole time! I felt no sense of urgency on the map. Possibly increase the spawn rate, or spam some more annoying zeds alongside the bad boys, i.e. crawler spawns behind you or above when a scrake/fp appears. Particular points are first patty spotting with the fp after the train, corridors after that section are so empty, and the waiting for the elevator section there are large gaps between spawns - i.e. i could safely reload every time between spawns and was never forced to retreat from the invisible walls.

Few bugs (from memory):
We had a late joiner who always spawned at the start even though if we died we spawned in the correct place. However, another late joiner also spawned with us correctly as you would expect.

The first elevator's button to go down is in the centre of the elevator rather than where the actual button is on the wall of the elevator. This lead to 10 minutes of confusion at the start of the map.

It would be nice to feel like we actually blew the place up after placing the pipe bombs and arming the large bombs, though I've no idea whether this could be implemented or not.

The guards at the end, in the airport, can kill you. This is very frustrating as we had to explain it to everyone who joined and many got annoyed by it, after dying. This made it fun running around and killing them but, with them all dead, was probably the reason why we died on the patty... any chance you can make them aware of us or remove FF unless it is set to "on" on the server? Either that or have a notice on screen explaining the situation.

Wow this turned out to be a bit longer than expected, hope this feedback helps and I'll keep watching for future updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,

It would be possible to have more waves of zombies before taking the train and at the end with the patriarch.

Mod normal, it is just a little bit boring to see just that 3-4 zombies in a corridor(lane). While we expect a hive with a lot of zombies everywhere. Could he have a version 2.1 with much more zombies there???

I just ask on this haughtiness map, that it is more difficult in mode(fashion) of Normal game.

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Hello,

It would be possible to have more waves of zombies before taking the train and at the end with the patriarch.

Mod normal, it is just a little bit boring to see just that 3-4 zombies in a corridor(lane). While we expect a hive with a lot of zombies everywhere. Could he have a version 2.1 with much more zombies there???

I just ask on this haughtiness map, that it is more difficult in mode(fashion) of Normal game.

Thank you in advance.
I doubt it, although he is making another Hive,

Upvote 0
With my MAGICAL SDK powers I have deleted all the zombie spawns in the start, (like the first hive), changed the music to a better, but still resident evil soundtrack (from the movie), changed a lot of the objectives, zombie spawns, textures, and static meshes! It was like the 1st Hive but with better graphics, and an awesome ending!

But, on my to-do list is to RE DO THE ENTIRE AI PATHING IN THE MAP.

So incase anyone wants to do that for me, ask.

Just in case. JIC.

Just sayn'.

Upvote 0