• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why I hate all the specimens in killing floor

I hate the game spawning / AI algorithms. The must look like that:

If player = berserker -> spawn hordes of crawlers, preferably just above his head
If player = medic -> spawn sirens behind every corner
If player = demo -> spawn stalkers everywhere to spoil his grenades
If player = commando -> no matter who enraged fleshpound, target the commando
If player = sharpshooter -> make gorefasts strafe like drunken kung fu masters
If player = support -> spawn single trash zeds constantly
If player = firebug -> teleport two already raged scrakes to his immediate vicinity

Murphy's law, 'eh? :IS2:

Reactions: 9_6 and J.D.*
Upvote 0
The only ZEDs that really piss me off to the point of me wanting to murder... are crawlers...

Seconded.

Husks feel like a fair fire fight (hurr hurr hurr, I'm punny:p)

Sirens at least are spottable (them spawning on your head feels rather chea though)

All the other zeds are threatening but manageable/frighteningly awesome

But crawlers.......GRRRGH:mad:

Upvote 0
I hate the game spawning / AI algorithms. The must look like that:

If player = berserker -> spawn hordes of crawlers, preferably just above his head
If player = medic -> spawn sirens behind every corner
If player = demo -> spawn stalkers everywhere to spoil his grenades
If player = commando -> no matter who enraged fleshpound, target the commando
If player = sharpshooter -> make gorefasts strafe like drunken kung fu masters
If player = support -> spawn single trash zeds constantly
If player = firebug -> teleport two already raged scrakes to his immediate vicinity

Gorefasts really need to quit their ****. I swear, every time I try to get a bead on them, they start strafing. The MOMENT I reload, they make a beeline towards me. Ugh. I really thought they were supposed to do this at first - simply sprinting at right angles to throw off your aim. And then when you walk into one who's in the stunned animation, you suddenly eat a blade.

And yes. No matter what I play, I always seem to bump into my hard counters. Firebug gets all the big guys, demo has to deal with scrakes, commando and poorly equipped players get the fleshpound's lovin..

But really I just hate the players more. Scrakes feel more like timebombs than fleshpounds do. Every time I'm demo, I get 4 jackasses shooting at it with their pistols, and then they run out of ammo a second after they FINALLY push it over the edge.

Upvote 0
But really I just hate the players more. Scrakes feel more like timebombs than fleshpounds do. Every time I'm demo, I get 4 jackasses shooting at it with their pistols, and then they run out of ammo a second after they FINALLY push it over the edge.

People switch to pistol to shoot scrakes? What, was the chainsaw not a big enough hint that it's worth the ammo you put into it?

Upvote 0
People switch to pistol to shoot scrakes? What, was the chainsaw not a big enough hint that it's worth the ammo you put into it?

It's generally the inexperienced low levels that make up the majority of KF players who go on Hard mode, and either run out of ammo by using their m32/aa12/crossbow on clots, dying in earlier waves, or just join halfway through the game. Catch-22 for me - I can give new joiners $700 for armor and a usable weapon or two(fire axe, LAR, ammo) which is promptly spent on two pipe bombs.. Or I can not give them money, and watch them try to bring down a single scrake and die.

And yes. I still attempt to play public servers sometimes.. You would think I'd have learned by now.

Upvote 0
It's generally the inexperienced low levels that make up the majority of KF players who go on Hard mode, and either run out of ammo by using their m32/aa12/crossbow on clots, dying in earlier waves, or just join halfway through the game. Catch-22 for me - I can give new joiners $700 for armor and a usable weapon or two(fire axe, LAR, ammo) which is promptly spent on two pipe bombs.. Or I can not give them money, and watch them try to bring down a single scrake and die.

And yes. I still attempt to play public servers sometimes.. You would think I'd have learned by now.

What I find to work well is to friend a whole boatload of nice people, so that you can almost always have at least one friend per game:D

Upvote 0
What I find to work well is to friend a whole boatload of nice people, so that you can almost always have at least one friend per game:D

I think you're on to something lol. I didn't start venturing into suicidal till recently when I knew that I had friends that were decent enough to play it and joined them and got to feel my way around with some help. My first time in suicidal I looked lost, I'm still not great but I'm loads better with the help of friends.

Upvote 0
So I was playing... I had little armor left.. a bloat spawn in front of me.. I head shot it and it exploded in my face immediately, eroding what's left of my armor.. Then 2 gore fasts and 2 crawlers charge me while a group of clots grab on to my back.. Then out of nowhere a flesh pound raged towards me from like across the map.. While in the distance I see a scrake walking slowly towards me..

I had 50 hp left and zero armor at this point.. then 2 husks (who btw are clearly aimbotting) shot a 2 streams of fire blast at me.. it magically went through all of the other zeds and head shot me.. instant death :( ..

Yep sounds like a typical day in suicidal mode Killing Floor....

Last edited:
Upvote 0