• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

X-ray Gaming anti cheat support for HoS

With annoying i mean i have to put it on when i go play clanwars. And yes i have been using it in cod4. It came and it went.. Nothing special for me, we busted couple of cheaters by demos, noting involved with xray.

Its all about the combination,that makes x-ray effective.

But indeed the need to use a third party program like X-ray next to the actual game is annoying. Which is why some sort of solution embedded within the game would be so awesome. So basically if a passworded server is in match mode, that everybody joining that server will automatically record demo's, run x-ray, and make screen shots of the scoreboard at the end of a round.

Then People wouldn't have to bother thinking about doing those things, and possibly face the consequences of forgetting. People could just focus on playing and winning the match.

Although more ideal would it be if some of the features in x-ray could simply be built into the game itself like random screen shot grabbing, configuration file grabbing, log file saving, hardware/driver/programs in memory saving. And a way to contain all that info in a file that gets send the moment a round is over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Little bump,

I'd like to add UAC on the list of possible external anti-cheat programs.

UAC2 is a client side Anti-Cheat program, one that works across all games and provides the community with the power to find and shame cheaters in all multiplayer games, packaged in is the unparrelled security of players screenshots to ensure data remains as accurate as possible.
New UAC version (#3) will be released at 18.12.2010.

link: http://uac2.com/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anything would be a welcome addition to VAC, especially if it were integrated with VAC and could effect global bans for RO:HOS. There are quite a few new players now from Korea, Japan, and even China that offer capable anti-cheat products with affordable licensure. If Tripwire wants to take RO:HOS to the next level, licensing well supported anti-cheat is smart money spent.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
As I have heard John Gibson mention many times TWI's theory and strategy for anti cheat / piracy is an active dev team( and good admins). as an example he mentioned that many of the cheats for ROOST were sent to TWI or found by TWI and corrected within 24 hours of their being released. I was not aware of that before hearing it, and I do not recall ever hearing of cheats for ROOST or being on the receiving end of a cheater. ( Kudos on the damned good job on that TWI )

Given however that ROHOS is expected to be a MUCH bigger seller then ROOST was there will likely be a lot more interest in creating Cheats/Aimbots for ROHOS. There may very well be a place for such a system.

Also VAC is not completely useless, valve believes in a different anti cheat strategy. Allow as many users to use a cheat over a period of time, then ban a very large ( was 10K at once a while ago for CSS alone ) number at once. While this does work in the end, it means that cheaters have a few months to a year of free reign before they are banned, this does little to deter them from cheating. ( Psychology refers to the only effective punishment being on that is immediate, not delayed, the longer the delay the less effective).

Upvote 0
Even in the utopian scenario that vac would catch all cheaters (vac's reach is isn't as far as many would like it to be).

The delayed ban feature is a horror for competitive gaming. Simply if team A accuses team B of cheating. The Admin of a league must be able to check into team B and act on that instant.

If you had to wait a year then a team could make it to the top by cheating for a year, together with half the community leaving the game because they have lost their trust in the game, league and admins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0