• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We will strengthen the doctor!

ThiagoDel

Nov 28, 2010
I believe that it is not just that I'm getting full "mp7 gun" that she is not a bad weapon on the contrary it is a good weapon, but do we ever could have another weapon pro doctor?? Just one more ....
p_aeg_G36c.jpg

that such a G36C? could do more damage right? ..
increased damage anything, just let us mess with bullets:
lvl 0 to 5 normal bullets.
lvl 6 bullets at Titanium to give more damage.
such !!?!?

aah ... over the last idea on the command sorry for my ignorance.

I suggested the G36C for Commando as an alternative for the Bullpup.

Commando is where the C36C belongs, not the Medic.

Also, titanium bullets would not do more damage. You're thinking of hollow-point bullets instead.

These are .45ACP hollow-points:

45+Automatic+Colt+Pistol+%28ACP%29+ammunition,+loaded+with+hollow+point+bullets.jpg

These are more, with before and after shots:

kuletest3stor.jpg

As you can see, the hollow-point bullets deform and create a larger surface area at the point of impact, allowing a greater amount of energy to be dumped in the target.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be a bit more useful to make medic weapons that allow medics to spend more time supporting the team, and overall more valuable to the team, but without added defenses, making the medic rely on the team for any kind of real defense?

Indeed.

The defence of the Medic comes from the team and his armour. Not from his perked weapons.

Upvote 0
I suggested the G36C for Commando as an alternative for the Bullpup.

Commando is where the C36C belongs, not the Medic.

Also, titanium bullets would not do more damage. You're thinking of hollow-point bullets instead.

kuletest3stor.jpg

As you can see, the hollow-point bullets deform and create a larger surface area at the point of impact, allowing a greater amount of energy to be dumped in the target.

Is it just me or does the third bullet look like a variety of small mammal?

On topic: G36 seems like it would suit commando better. A smaller compact smg seems like medics style.

Upvote 0
If a gun is going to be added the only thing I would like for the medic is a SMG with a smaller clip, slightly more damage (Very slight) and a slightly slower rate of fire. Biggest problem with the Mp7 is the fact you can't 1 bullet with it cause the damn thing sprays 3 bullets at the slightest click. I have shot 1 bullet before but I had to really focus and totally feather touch my mouse.

Mp5 is a really sexy gun, and is actually used by British Armed forces (I think). So that is what I would want to see. Of course I don't expect that TWI will have the time to invest or will reap enough of a reward for such an addition. But we can dream :)

Upvote 0
If a gun is going to be added the only thing I would like for the medic is a SMG with a smaller clip, slightly more damage (Very slight) and a slightly slower rate of fire. Biggest problem with the Mp7 is the fact you can't 1 bullet with it cause the damn thing sprays 3 bullets at the slightest click. I have shot 1 bullet before but I had to really focus and totally feather touch my mouse.

Mp5 is a really sexy gun, and is actually used by British Armed forces (I think). So that is what I would want to see. Of course I don't expect that TWI will have the time to invest or will reap enough of a reward for such an addition. But we can dream :)

MP5K with 15 round mag. Small, small magazine, lightweight.

Is this good enough?
MP5KA.jpg

Upvote 0
I'd be okay with the MP5K, although I always prefered the look of the Mp5 Navy (What is it the MP5A5?)

images

Statswise, on the nail :)

15 Rounds (affected by Medic clip buff)
Damage 30-35 (about the same as a pistol)
5 in weight (Same as Bullpup)
Fire Rate 0.1s (Slightly slower that a SCAR, slightly faster than an AK)

Shares its healing attachment with the Mp7M (So heal with one the other will also be recharging)
OR Healing darts for both wepaons are changed to a bolt action like reload, to reduce spam heals.

In fact on reflection I'd say have them share their heal recharge but also have it so the Mp5 has to manually reload each dart every time it is used. That way at least there is some reason to keep the Mp7M.

Course this is all just flights of fancy but hey ho :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd be okay with the MP5K, although I always prefered the look of the Mp5 Navy (What is it the MP5A5?)

images

Statswise, on the nail :)

15 Rounds (affected by Medic clip buff)
Damage 30-35 (about the same as a pistol)
5 in weight (Same as Bullpup)
Fire Rate 0.1s (Slightly slower that a SCAR, slightly faster than an AK)

Shares its healing attachment with the Mp7M (So heal with one the other will also be recharging)
OR Healing darts for both wepaons are changed to a bolt action like reload, to reduce spam heals.

In fact on reflection I'd say have them share their heal recharge but also have it so the Mp5 has to manually reload each dart every time it is used. That way at least there is some reason to keep the Mp7M.

Course this is all just flights of fancy but hey ho :)

I found a picture of the sights:
Spoiler!

And i also like that MP5. The MP5A5 is burst-fire only, so Safe-Single-Burst. This means you can only shoot a burst of three rounds per trigger pull. It has a retractable stock like you said.

The 3 round burst would make it unique IMO.

The trigger group in this picture has Safe-Full (auto) only. Though the trigger groups seem to be interchangeable.

ICS-04.jpg

And as the 9mm and MP5 fire the same ammo, i'd say the damage must be close to identical. Though no damage bonuses makes it balanced. And entire magazine would only kill 15 clots, assuming a 100% mag size increase. If not, a 15 round mag wouldn't do much damage at all.

Very good :D Though i must suggest using a RoF closer to the real thing, 800rpm, compared to the MP7's 950 and the Mac-10's ~1100rpm.

Though with 3 round burst having such a high RPM with such a small magazine size is not OP. You'd burn through all the mag before you did anything.

...i think i went off on a tangent. I'll wrap this up, seeing as i do not know the formula used for calculating the rate of fire.

Upvote 0
I keep having this feeling whenever a new weapon is created to killing floor, people will use that gun's perk just to use the weapon...

Well yea? If there's a new gun then I would even use that perk! Especially if a MP5 came out for Medic, just saying I still use Medic A LOT.

Okay as far as the MP5 goes:

@CandleJack
I thought the MP5 had a 30 round clip?? But even burst-fire with 15 rounds would be nice, and like you said unique. I was also thinking, maybe since it uses 9mm rounds would it share ammo with the 9mm? I have seen it in other games but it never made and sense, this is only due to the fact that it always looks (and I am probably right) that the rounds are preloaded into a mag so sharing ammo just looks foolish to me.

Upvote 0
These are .45ACP hollow-points:

That second picture is a regular round nose bullet. (It looks like a musket bullet, actually)

They do leave a larger wound channel, but they also are more likely to stop inside the target, resulting in loss of penetration. This is why most civilians use HP ammo, they don't want their shots to go through the bad guy, 6 walls, and the family next door, and military often uses FMJ because they want it to go through clothes/armor/walls/enemies/etc.

0.jpg

Upvote 0
@CandleJack
I thought the MP5 had a 30 round clip?? But even burst-fire with 15 rounds would be nice, and like you said unique. I was also thinking, maybe since it uses 9mm rounds would it share ammo with the 9mm? I have seen it in other games but it never made and sense, this is only due to the fact that it always looks (and I am probably right) that the rounds are preloaded into a mag so sharing ammo just looks foolish to me.
As far as I know, MP5 have three different kind of magazine.

30, 20 and 15 round.

Upvote 0
I thought the MP5 had a 30 round clip??

Supposedly 15 round mags are available, though I can't find any. I'm surprised there's not 10 rd aftermarket mags for California and friends. (like HK would bother catering to civilians, you suck and they hate you) (Edit: found em, just didn't look hard enough. 15, 30, and 100 round drums!)

I was also thinking, maybe since it uses 9mm rounds would it share ammo with the 9mm? I have seen it in other games but it never made and sense, this is only due to the fact that it always looks (and I am probably right) that the rounds are preloaded into a mag so sharing ammo just looks foolish to me.

You could use the same reloading fairy that tops off all your partial magazines. Or use the Beretta CX4 carbine that shares magazines with the 92.

Last edited:
Upvote 0