• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Japanese Anti Tank Weapons

But how do we get people to use these suicide tactics plus you've to get close. Give them extrapoints for suicide attacks? And should the suicides affect reinf if it's the only way to stop tanks?

They should definitely affect reinforcements, there needs to be some kind of penalty. Sacrificing one reinforcement would be worth it if you blow up a tank that keeps murdering your team. But if you screw up and get killed before you can do anything you get 'punished' by wasting one reinforcement for nothing.

Upvote 0
I think the 'suicide' attack is a legitimate option. The team would have to figure out if the loss of reinforcements was worth the potential time it would buy them, especially if it could mean taking out a critical weapon like an MG or vehicle, etc. As the fighting would get desperate near the end of the round, do you fall back to the last line and hope to hold out, send out a few guys on banzai attacks to slow down the attackers, etc. Any tactic/strategy to meet the end goal of victory would be on the table... "theoretically". ;)

Upvote 0
"Kill 20 enemy soldiers in one kamikaze attack."

The Holy Grail :D

612%7ESpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters%5B1%5D_thumb%5B2%5D

Upvote 0
Rest assured guys, this is something I've been putting a lot of thought (and research hours) into. The Japanese will have a number of valid AT techniques, some more effective than others. We're just nowhere near ready to discuss publicly what those might be. One thing I can say though, is not to expect the Japanese force and its armaments to be a mirror image of the American one.

Upvote 0