• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Betio and Multiplayer Campaign Changelog

Looks great, glad the maps are getting balanced a bit :) just have a question on the RS campaign map. Looks like their are 10 territories on the map but we will only have 7 maps upon the release of this patch so will there just be overlaps(1 map on multiple zones) or are 3 of those spots for future maps or customs? And i know someone else asked this also but when can we expect this to be released?

Upvote 0
Looks great, glad the maps are getting balanced a bit :) just have a question on the RS campaign map. Looks like their are 10 territories on the map but we will only have 7 maps upon the release of this patch so will there just be overlaps(1 map on multiple zones) or are 3 of those spots for future maps or customs? And i know someone else asked this also but when can we expect this to be released?

I think its customizable by the servers. They can cram each zone with multiple maps I believe.

Upvote 0
This is like Christmas coming early!! Thank you so much, especially for the refined prone system, return of the HoS menu (yay!!) and admitting most of the original HoS official maps were unbalanced. I am really looking forward to seeing how the new versions play out.

One more thing I would have loved to see - decreased number of players in Squad 1. Sometimes in a 30-40 player server as SL2 I will have no squad members!! It's crazy. It means that SL1 basically has a hell of a lot of influence on where players spawn, and it becomes so much more important that an experienced player takes it. (And sometimes they have NO idea what they are doing!)

Anyway, if a free weekend is coming up ... watch your backs, guys, reinforcements are coming and they don't (know) care who they shoot as long as it's warm and moving!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apartments:
  • Changed allied reinforcements to 420 from 365
  • Changed axis reinforcements from 325 to 280
  • Allies respawn rate changed to 15 seconds from 25

so thats 420 vs. 280 initialy.pew. lately i had the feel that with even Teams the axis is harder pressed than in the beginning since People now know the map. Makes it harder for defenders wich is a good Thing. :D

Barracks:
  • Moved Allies last spawns to be more in line with the routes needed to defend the last objectives.
  • Reduced Allies respawn time by 5 seconds

mhhh....more in line with the routes the axis takes ? more in line than it is now ? The map is small as it is and i never had Problems to go around. The last spawn was in NCO ...mhhh dunno about this.

Commissars House
  • Most objective capture times have been slightly increased
  • All objectives now lock after being captured

a good and needed Change. Will be alot more desperate fight for the Germans from now on. Very good decission.

Mamayev Kurgan
  • Reduced Axis artillery amounts
  • Both team's respawn rate set to 20 seconds (Previously, Axis = 15 and Allies = 25)

...means you adjusted the cooldown for arty ? Not a bad idea.

Pavlov's House
  • Balanced artillery amounts for both teams
  • Decreased tank respawn rates
  • Added infantry/tank cover around Jan 9th Square
  • Added field locations for satchel charge pickups'
  • Both teams now only have 1 tank

NOOOOOO why reduce the tanks !!!! :( 2 of them per side made it MADNESS. Ah well...hope you also reduced the PTRD class accordingly.

Red October Factory
  • German spawns for the 1st objective now fall back after 3 minutes (similar to Kwajalien)
  • All objectives lock after being captured
  • All objectives capture times are slightly increased

Ok, locking the first 3 is fine, but workershouse and the other obs ? I think this robs the map a bit off the back and forth that makes it interesting.

Station
  • Decreased allies respawn time from 25 seconds to 20
  • Increased objective capture time gradually as the map progresses - final objective capture time has been doubled
  • 1st objective now locks after being captured

Very good and needed changes Overall

Spartanovka
  • Added more aggressive spawn protection for attackers and defenders
Does mean what ? that Folks can run around carelessly until the damm timer runs out. Spartanovka was fine the way it was...mhhh will see how this Plays out and what this even means.

Upvote 0