• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - First Patch And The German Surprise!

No, I tried it and you can choose it in the options but when you go back to the main menu it goes back to "no gore".

Until it's fixed, hire someone to stand behind you while you play, holding a bottle of ketchup and a couple of Q-tips and every time you kill someone, get them to flick some ketchup on the screen.

Maybe even get them to toss some broken GI Joe legs at your monitor and keyboard for extra immersion :cool:

In seriousness though, once you set the gore level in the game menu, Alt-Tab out of the game and go into your config files and mark them all as Read Only so they don't revert back.

Or find the proper line in the ini files and set it to full gore, then save it and mark it as Read only. See if that helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Until it's fixed, hire someone to stand behind you while you play, holding a bottle of ketchup and a couple of Q-tips and every time you kill someone, get them to flick some ketchup on the screen.

Maybe even get them to toss some broken GI Joe legs at your monitor and keyboard for extra immersion :cool:

And if someone shoots you in the nuts......???

Upvote 0

In seriousness though, once you set the gore level in the game menu, Alt-Tab out of the game and go into your config files and mark them all as Read Only so they don't revert back.

Or find the proper line in the ini files and set it to full gore, then save it and mark it as Read only. See if that helps.

Man, you'll have me go through my pile of GI legs. And I was saving those for a special occasion.

Upvote 0
Hello Tripewire Community and devs - I'm a German player myself but got a copy of Red Orchestra 2: HoS uncut (imported) - Bought Rising Storm as 4-pack at the summer sales (through the german store) for me and some buddies - I also bought Red Orchestra 2 for my buddy through the german steam store while it was at 75% discount - Well here is the point: I got Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad (bought it a long time ago) and purchased the "German" version of Rising Storm and my games are still uncut. Now for my buddy who got the 75% discounted RO2 through the german steam store + a copy of my Rising Storm 4-Pack (also through german steam store) has now both games too, but they are both cut? He can't change the gore level in his menu, it doesnt affect anything ingame and it changes back to the default "cut" configuration all the time. I thought this uncut patch is already released. (Steam itself still says its the Low Violence Version)

3KXqP.jpg

3KXrP.jpg

I'll hope some of the devs maybe got some solution/answer for this - I wouldn't have bought the games in the first place if I knew they were still cut - I bought them because of the first post in this thread after all.

Upvote 0
Lol, i can only laugh as a German about this, and i feel like someone lied to me. When i bought RO2 GOTY when it was on sale and RS wasn't even announced it was uncut ( no swastika but full gore level with dismemberment ) now, when RS was released , my game updated and RO2 went full cut without a single drop of blood. Sorry but this is a bad joke.

Upvote 0