• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm (and SDK) Preload Available!

I have 14.5 GB free on my SSD but the preload process says paused. Even if the patch downlaod is 7GB do I need more install space than 14.5? Does the 7GB extract to a larger size possibly?

The 7GB patch is pretty much the full game which stands unzipped at around 19GB if I recall. Its this big to make it easy for computer to access it, as otherwise loading times would be much longer.

Upvote 0
The 7GB patch is pretty much the full game which stands unzipped at around 19GB if I recall. Its this big to make it easy for computer to access it, as otherwise loading times would be much longer.

Ok can I just delete my R02 install and download the entire package tommorrow when its released? I'm stuck with 14.5GB space left and no way to get the preload with R02 currently installed. (small SSD) I'm not so much worried about the preload.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe Steam downloads to a "downloading" folder some sort of high compressed files and uncompress them before moving them to the appdata folder, this can explains why it stops if he see there is not enough room for everything.

This explains why you download something like 8 gigs and ends up with a way bigger size in the appdata folder for the game

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Edit : took too much time to answer, Zetsumei covered it :p

Upvote 0