• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

January Teaser & Other things

Oh that's funny--I never realized that CoD's researcher was the same as The Pacific's... guess Treyarch must've overriden a lot of Mr. Glenn's input, as their version of the Pacific Theatre was, heh, interesting...

Some tongue-in-cheek CoD: World at War critique from a random for-the-heck-of-it post I made ages ago:

The trailer is excellent--Suribachi looks great!

The bane of every researcher's life is to get hired to give information to people and have them ignore it. Goes with the territory.

I would say that we are trying to avoid that as much as possible. Harlan himself would be the one to ask to what extent we are following his advice. Pity he's under an NDA ;):D

Is the boat scene a planned cut-scene or mp gameplay? Either way it looks great.

It is a matinee scene made in-game. To what use (if any) we are putting it will become clear later on.

Upvote 0
I would LOVE if we could operate the boats. Maybe not be the ONLY way to get spawn into the world. But an Option won't hurt.

Also if you decide not to include it in the game. Can you atleast add it to the SDK so people can make customs maps with it?

Either way, game looks AWESOME! Please keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
I AM CRAVING FOR MOOOORE.
I wish i was an experienced beta tester so i could help, but i guess i won't be taking place instead of someone who really is IN such things while myself being such a noob :eek:

You shouldn't get discouraged. Beta testing really isn't that hard. You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to do it. Just play like you normally would. You are expected to report any bugs or errors you find and generally spend a little more time sniffing out bugs outside the test sessions but that's about it. So if you feel that is doable you should sign up ;)

Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0
You shouldn't get discouraged. Beta testing really isn't that hard. You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to do it. Just play like you normally would. You are expected to report any bugs or errors you find and generally spend a little more time sniffing out bugs outside the test sessions but that's about it. So if you feel that is doable you should sign up ;)
Well... REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR - As some unit from RTS said once it was recruited.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pet peeve: identified

Pet peeve: identified

No one in Laredo, Texas pronounces it Laraydoh. The voice actor doesn't even sound Tex-Mex. Trust me, I used to date a Hispanic girl that lived there.

How to pronounce Laredo correctly.

http://www.forvo.com/word/laredo/

Trust you! You knew one person whose first language was Spanish who pronounced the name in Spanish so you must know what you're talking about. I don't know why this annoyed me so much. You're speaking English, it's an American town, pronounce it in English. Do you say "Tejas"?

Upvote 0