• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-DieBresche (Beta Release Candidate)

@LordGleedo,

I've almost completely stopped playing RO2 - despite the patch and improvements, because I am bored of the maps now.

I thought I'd pop on here today to see if there was much progress with them, after going online and seeing 6 classic servers all playing Mamayev (shudder)....

If the customs maps were on servers, I'd be online more.

Upvote 0
I doubt this map will make it on to any servers. My kismet is not working properly any more since the patch.

If custom maps were as supported and played as much as they were/are for RO1, then I would definately be trying to get this fixed, but since they aren't, I can't be arsed with it all.

Custom maps indeed had a ****e start and though its fun to do iff you think about it with common sense the time I spend on it already compared with the moments of joy we had in return with RO HOS and custom maps its by far the worst investment in years. I'd better could have painted my house and redo my backyard. At least thats what my wife tells me.

Iff I had knew it all before I would never had start with them But at this point I invested so much time already that to quit would be a pity to. SO all i can say to you is. Come on. Go on and try to fix this. What exactly doesn't work ?

Spawns,objectives or everything ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I doubt this map will make it on to any servers. My kismet is not working properly any more since the patch.

If custom maps were as supported and played as much as they were/are for RO1, then I would definately be trying to get this fixed, but since they aren't, I can't be arsed with it all.

Its sad to read this.... We have ALWAYS strongly supported mappers and ran their maps. Custom maps IMHO, are for what there are available, supported..... its now up to the mappers. Our servers have all the available custom maps for RO2 up and running.

Please reconsider.

Upvote 0
Don't abandon us!!!

We're(2.fjg) in the process of putting the available maps up on our #2 and #3 servers(apart from the tank one, we may fire it on a new server; running just tank maps. Which we need more of:p). We definitely want to run custom maps as we like you are getting bored with the stock ones. We've just been waiting on our engineers getting free time to put them on.

You have to understand from an admis perspective also; putting new beta maps on has two side effects: One they can cause a server to crash more often. Which no admin wants; as it can lead to people playing else where. Plus you know how fickle people are and how little patience they have with bugged maps. Hence why we're putting them on our 2nd and 3rd servers. Once we feel comfortable with the maps, then we will put them on our main server.

Therefore, please don't feel dejected and stop making these maps. We will be doing everything we can now; to support and promote these maps on our servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK so I managed to fix my issue.

I am thinking about completely removing the east village as an objective. It's just to far out of the way and IMO should never have been added.

If I remove it, the church and west village will need to be attacked and captured at the same time before you can push on to the lumber yard.

How does that sound?

Upvote 0
Thanks.

Do you want the lock down timers left in or take them out?

Lockdown timer(s) are procedural now. The only thing you need to do is decide if you want a lockdown timer on the objective and if so, check that bit at

ROObjective Properties -> ROObjective -> Enable Lockdown.

At TWI we don't usually put a lockdown timer on final objective(s), just a FYI on that piece.

Upvote 0
Lockdown timer(s) are procedural now. The only thing you need to do is decide if you want a lockdown timer on the objective and if so, check that bit at

ROObjective Properties -> ROObjective -> Enable Lockdown.

At TWI we don't usually put a lockdown timer on final objective(s), just a FYI on that piece.

Thanks Swag :)

Upvote 0
Issues Found So far:

1) Already spotted an issue where by Axis who spawned at east village get stuck behind a spawn protection zone when allies have just capped the church and w. village.

When those two objectives have been capped, should I just put up a huge spawn protection zone so clear out an axis left behind?

2) When allies have capped the Lumber Yard they proceed to try and cap the Compound. If the axis recapture lumber yard before allies cap the compound, I need to re-enable the axis spawn protection inside the compound or the allies can spawn camp in there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't played the map before, so this may be intended.

Running with Classic Loadouts:

Russian Assault class has the mp40.
Russian (Hero) Squad leader has the KAR98.

tbh I don't play the game enough to know what classes should be equipped with. I just copied the loadouts from apartments.

I just looked at the Allies SL loadout and it has the following:
Num Primary Veteran Weapons=0
Num Primary Veteran Enemy Weapons=1
Num Primary Hero Enemy Weapons=1
Num Secondary Soldier Weapons=1
Num Secondary Hero Enemy Weapons=2

I am happy to change these loadout issues but I need exact info on what is the prefered loadouts. Not just for SL but the whole shebang if poss.

Upvote 0
A number of people think that objective 5 (Lumber Yard) and Objective 6 (Compound) should be in either of the following setups:

1 \ Lumber Yard when captured by Allies should be locked so they an concentrate on the compound

OR

2 \ Both Lumber Yard and Compound should be attacked simultaneously and the game is won if allies cap both together.

What are your thoughts?

Upvote 0