• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

What i really miss is the Russian Sniper having a cape, they used it to cover up their bodies.

pavlinchenko-with-svvt40.jpg%3Fw%3D479

In the loading screen for Barracks you see a German sniper with a cape, accurate or not, this would really give the snipers a better visual reference from a distance. I dont know if these capes are only giving to hero snipers or they just cut them out of the game completely.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just Amazing!:)
This game can be the first where the differences between weapons can be not only recoil, damage and weight, but also the handling, wich can improve a lot the deepness of the already beautiful weapon feeling! This is something we' ll probably see on other games a few years later!

But i have also a pair of choosy observations and answers.
1st- It seems that, while the soldier is trying to allign sights, the back of the rifle (the stock) is moving while the hand near the sights is steady. I' ve never shot a round but i'm pretty sure that the swaying hand should be the one more close to the sights and not the one near the stock, because it is kept pretty stable by the stock and the shoulder.

2nd- It seems that the soldier is not trying to compensate the sight misallignment caused by his breathing, i think that the sights misallignment should be a mix of two factors: the soldier's breathing and his attempts to compensate it. However, as i said before, i've never alligned a pair of sights, so correct me if i' m wrong.

Is the weapon sway made weapon per weapon or it's the same for each category (rifles/SMGs/pistols/MGs ecc...)?
Is it difficult to code the sway or there are only values to change?

Good luck and keep up the good work!;)
EDIT:grammatical error

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know who the person is that made that one comment on the youtube page, but I think he does have a good point.

This isn't very "realistic". In reality the stock/butt of the weapon/rifle would be tucked tightly against your shoulder. Soldiers are trained to get their weapon situated in the same location of the shoulder and to get a straight alignment through their sights. The weapon would not sway from the rear for the front and rear sights to not be aligned in that wa

It does have a good point and I think the sway should be less sideway and more vertical.

Upvote 0
It does have a good point and I think the sway should be less sideway and more vertical.
+1

Despite this, you made a really good work !!!
With a system like this, firing at long range against a MG after running through the battlefield would be more difficult and the MG can do their job ;) Suppression fire !!! :D

Nice and keep the good work !
:)

Upvote 0
:cool:

I've already got a few folks prodding me about this for Crucible. I've got people prodding me about the Sound Mutator. It all looks splendid and represents thousands of man-hours of work.

But... (and I'm trying to be diplomatic here) If this stuff isn't submitted and White-listed soon, its all going to be wasted and end up in the dustbin of history. There is no way I'm going to be permitted to place anything on Crucible that isn't white-listed. And what really saddens me is that the development of these fine mods chugs on like a frieght-train as though release is a fait-accompli. You have people cheering on the sidelines, me included.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again: These mods should have been made an initial release and white-listed LAST YEAR. BY THE AUTHORS.

It is getting to the point where I'm starting to think of this stuff as vapor ware. This stuff is NEVER going to show up on a ranked server until someone lifts a finger to submit it for White-listing. And that would be a shame.

I'm pretty certain that TWI is not going to make a move until development is halted and a beta submitted.

Let me give you an analogy: Read the story about Mark Twain's bankruptcy due to the prolonged development of the Paige Typesetter. Took him ten years to recover, and the machine never saw the market. Why? The developer made a career out of one "improvement" after another until the market got filled by a simpler machine from Germany that was not nearly as fancy, but satisfied the need.

Moral of the story: "Get these things Whitelisted NOW." At the pace these things are going, RO3 is gonna be on the doorstep before these mods are. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I finally got around to playing a couple of rounds on the ODW server... that artillery sound is awesome, and the dynamic movement (I think that's what it's called) really felt like treading through treacle when my guy ran out of energy.

My game crashed a couple of times when trying to play Fallen Fighters map, but that could be the result of anything, maybe total coincidence and nought to do with the mod.

General impression so far - a big thumbs-up! :IS2:

Upvote 0
Really not keen on how the semi-automatic weapons seem to be artificially limited in their rate of fire. Unlike vanilla RO2, and rl, with the mod you can't fire as quickly as you pull the trigger. Someone in-game said it doesn't really matter since you can't fire that quickly accurately with the new recoil... but that's not true of room clearing. Especially using a pistol you often have to rapidly hit someone multiple times.. and you can't do this anymore.

Upvote 0