• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Been really getting in to RS the past few days and absolutely loving the amazingly detailed weapon mechanics and advanced features, but every time I hear my garand fire I cringe at how terrible it sounds. Same goes for the almost inaudible artillery and don't get me started on the pathetically weak grenades.

Same can be said for the poorly made distant gunshots sounds. Not all, but a few.

dibbler please get these sounds changed ASAP!

Upvote 0
Great news, I really want this in the game now to keep things interesting, I think you should have an option for vanilla game sounds, and enhanced game sounds using Dibblers mod...why not have the option for those who want to stick with vanilla sounds (although I don't know why you would :D)?

I probably would prefer the on/off option rather than integrating bits of the mod into the game as standard, I mean some parts of the mod are just far superior to the vanilla game sounds ( no offense TW) that it would be really annoying if it was left out in preference of something less because someone took time over the file...

Hurry up TW! lets have them! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great news, I really want this in the game now to keep things interesting, I think you should have an option for vanilla game sounds, and enhanced game sounds using Dibblers mod...why not have the option for those who want to stick with vanilla sounds (although I don't know why you would :D)?

I probably would prefer the on/off option rather than integrating bits of the mod into the game as standard, I mean some parts of the mod are just far superior to the vanilla game sounds ( no offense TW) that it would be really annoying if it was left out in preference of something less because someone took time over the file...

Hurry up TW! lets have them! ;)

If you want to try it online hop on the Mutator Test Server (in the unranked section). I'd love to see more players in there, perhaps a group or two could set events on it. You may get high pings because it's in Australia.

Upvote 0
Dibbler, I noticed death moans are still not playing on the test server

I've only heard a few as well. Everything else seems fine.

I like the dynamic movement on Winterwald, I think it's spot on for attackers. Sprinting up those steep snow covered hills slows you down quickly. Downhill doesn't seem to affect as much, I know you'd still be able to move pretty quickly, but you'd think stopping would take longer or be more difficult. I'm not sure if you can nuance your system that much.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this released.

Upvote 0