• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Never understand why some mod makers are so scarce on supplying new footage, for the InCountry Vietnam mod we barely have a handful of screenshots and one teaser video of one map, RS only started to give out material when Tripwire got involved. I mod if i am possible to mod for a game, like now i make skins sometimes for some race games, and show allot of screenshots. Show so more pride in your work! It's not like its a super secret mod where nobody must know about.

To be fair, they don't have to show ****. :D

Upvote 0
Never understand why some mod makers are so scarce on supplying new footage, for the InCountry Vietnam mod we barely have a handful of screenshots and one teaser video of one map, RS only started to give out material when Tripwire got involved. I mod if i am possible to mod for a game, like now i make skins sometimes for some race games, and show allot of screenshots. Show so more pride in your work! It's not like its a super secret mod where nobody must know about.

Actually, from day 1 RS was a fairly secret project. TW was involved from almost the very beginning inasmuch as they had the right to say what got released as PR and when.

There's a very good reason for that, too - it stopped us from releasing pictures of things like bazooka models, etc., then having the community working themselves up into a froth, only to be disappointed when the remaining 98% of the work (anims, coding, gameplay, levels that they would work in) proved to be beyond our capacity at the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The mentioned pics were neither released nor deleted by us, it seems like they've either leaked or illegally posted and removed by any of the moderators.
We're sorry for this inconvenience and will try to clarify what happened.

As for posting WIP pics, we try to do that whenever we can however in some cases it's up to TWI themselves - like in this case with the transports - we're optimistic that it won't take too long for you to take your own screenshots of the new vehicles. :)

Upvote 0
There's a very good reason for that, too - it stopped us from releasing pictures of things like bazooka models, etc., then having the community working themselves up into a froth, only to be disappointed...

So best to keep everyone disappointed and frustrated from the get-go? :p

I don't see the harm in showing some things that are much farther along (than your bazooka example) unless there really is no intention of releasing it at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm new to RO2 and RS and I have to admit I'm not a player who really needs vehicles in a multiplayer war shooter. I think Tripwire should focus on the infantery gameplay first. Tanks are just a small gimmick anyway. I wouldn't mind if tanks are fully AI and you can't play them and a team has got one tank per round and the commander can spawn it or so.

Upvote 0
I'm new to RO2 and RS and I have to admit I'm not a player who really needs vehicles in a multiplayer war shooter. I think Tripwire should focus on the infantery gameplay first. Tanks are just a small gimmick anyway. I wouldn't mind if tanks are fully AI and you can't play them and a team has got one tank per round and the commander can spawn it or so.
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Absolutly not. More tanks is pretty much the one thing that this community can agree on. Tanks add so much to the game, weather you play as them or not.

Upvote 0

Be careful, he's Ramm in disguise. :)

Upvote 0
We need troop transports the most ! Because then the most respectep people of the community who work in their free time make maps. When we get troop transports, then hopefully much bigger maps will arive. Ro2 desperately needs uber big jump in a apc to drive a long way to get there maps. Thats the true Ro1 charm. Without them its just like the " the game we shall not speak about it"
Ive and i believe a lot more people are desperately waiting for the apcs to arive. Still love Ro2 and Rising storm. I just grew tired of Ro2 after 2 years of playing and now im like a freaking stalker lurking this forum for some good news. A pic wouldnt hurt.

Upvote 0