• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

This is great news for the entire RO2 community. First of all, thank you blitzkbob and co., the screenshots look awesome and its great that you guys have taken it upon yourselves to help tripwire make this game even better. For now, I just have a quick question which I hope you guys can help me with:

With regards to how these vehicles will actually be added to the game, what is the plan at the current time? Is this going to be a type of mod which must be manually installed by the players, or are you guys actually going to hand the content over to tripwire once it's done? In the latter case, I would assume that tripwire would then include it in a separate patch delivered via steam? The only other option I could think of would be a direct download in-game when joining a server using your vehicles (similar to the current system for downloading custom maps). Anyway, I was just curious about that aspect of the project. Keep up the great work guys! :IS2:

Upvote 0
i really like the vehicle you have shown us. But i cant help but feel it an odd choice of vehicle to add to RO2. I mean its extremely fragile and could easily be taken out with an AT rifle if you are going for realism. Since it cant transport troops and isnt able to go toe to toe with a tank or survive very long in the open vs AT gunners. Im wondering what sort of situation oyu have in mind and what sort of strategy would the vehicle fit into?

Dont get me wrong thoguh, im overjoyed to see more content get added to RO2 especially from the community but im puzzled because im not sure this particular vehicle which is cool is worth the time needed to create it vs its actual practicality in RO2.

Upvote 0
Well, who said we're just working on one vehicle? ;)
I'm sure you will enjoy the others.
i really like the vehicle you have shown us. But i cant help but feel it an odd choice of vehicle to add to RO2. I mean its extremely fragile and could easily be taken out with an AT rifle if you are going for realism. Since it cant transport troops and isnt able to go toe to toe with a tank or survive very long in the open vs AT gunners. Im wondering what sort of situation oyu have in mind and what sort of strategy would the vehicle fit into?

Dont get me wrong thoguh, im overjoyed to see more content get added to RO2 especially from the community but im puzzled because im not sure this particular vehicle which is cool is worth the time needed to create it vs its actual practicality in RO2.

Upvote 0

Its the Axis equivilant of the clown car, it has no real use but to run around like a dirt bike,annoying people on both teams. But don't worry the Allies are getting Cossacks on horseback to counteract it.
Joking aside i'm sure the guys have a few more purposeful vehicles in the works. Like this one....:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
Its the Axis equivilant of the clown car, it has no real use but to run around like a dirt bike,annoying people on both teams. But don't worry the Allies are getting Cossacks on horseback to counteract it.

Joking aside i'm sure the guys have a few more purposeful vehicles in the works. Like this one....:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Now now, not everyone will use it like that :p

However, having terrain effects on vehicles would be a big help. Faster road movement, slower and bumpier movement on other terrain plus the ability to tip over would really encourage a more proper use of it. Without that, you are right, you will have the occasional dork driving around like an idiot.

Also limiting respawns of vehicles so they aren't as common as blades of grass would help too.

Upvote 0
Now now, not everyone will use it like that :p

However, having terrain effects on vehicles would be a big help. Faster road movement, slower and bumpier movement on other terrain plus the ability to tip over would really encourage a more proper use of it. Without that, you are right, you will have the occasional dork driving around like an idiot.

Also limiting respawns of vehicles so they aren't as common as blades of grass would help too.

I hope you're right Moe, but somehow i don't think that will be the case, you remember the clowncar in RO, Barashka is a case in point where the Allies would spawn,and there would be Tank Commanders jumping into clowncars (instead of a tank) and immediately heading for either the bridge or the North bank cap zones. Not only did it annoy the Axis,but their own team was extremely pissed off coz they were usually killed pretty quickly,and were contributing nothing to the team effort.
But we live in hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope you're right Moe, but somehow i don't think that will be the case, you remember the clowncar in RO, Barashka is a case in point where the Allies would spawn,and there would be Tank Commanders jumping into clowncars (instead of a tank) and immediately heading for either the bridge or the North bank cap zones. Not only did it annoy the Axis,but their own team was extremely pissed off coz they were usually killed pretty quickly,and were contributing nothing to the team effort.
But we live in hope.

Yeah, I remember. I even remember a few players racing the halftracks around the buildings on some of the Bulge village maps in DH, just circling and running over players until they were taken out by a bazooka, then respawn and repeat.

But we can hope, and there will always be those games were players do use them properly. I'd like to see a nice engagement between two recon forces with armored cars, light tanks, halftracks, trucks and infantry. Plus any of the other vehicles that may get thrown into the mix!

Upvote 0