• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

I would have thought some one would have done up a T-34/85, as only the turret is diffferrent from the T-34/76. Also the Tiger is basically a scaled up P4, so you could get by with the same interior...
Personally I like the Panther, and have large amounts of information already on my HD to begin modelling (an Ausf D, like were in Kursk/Cittidel). Yes, more Tank maps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is anyone making a Tiger/Panther/IS2?

How can we have a WW2 game without iconic tanks?

Making new tanks is a huge amount of work, you have to make the chassis model, then the interior model and then code it which apparently is not very easy. Besides Szeder working on the T-26 I don't think anyone else besides TWI is currently working on new tanks. However I agree that adding more tanks would kick *** ;)

Upvote 0
You bastard lol :p

Yeah I know they are a lot of work, and if I knew the first thing about modding I'd help, alas I don't.
The tankette t26 is great, I love that thing, but I'd love to see some heavy tanks. TWI isn't going to make these late war period tanks, so its up to the modders.
MY T26 ISNT A TANKETTE, THATS A FULL SIZE

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans_klempner
Upvote 0
Yeah, despite that a full tank interior is sweet.... it's prolly impossible for any modder to recreate one sadly. TWI sure did made our job a lot harder for Tanks :/

Why would it be impossible? That it takes some time and work I can understand but I don't think it's impossible, I think Szeder made the interior himself for the T-26 if I'm not mistaken?

Upvote 0
Why would it be impossible? That it takes some time and work I can understand but I don't think it's impossible, I think Szeder made the interior himself for the T-26 if I'm not mistaken?

Feel free to correct me on this, but RO2 is the only game where you can see the interior of a tank.

Not only do you have to get the blueprints/pictures of the tank, make the 3d model of the tank, set the UVs, make the textures/maps, create the animations and get al the coding done.... but you also have to repeat this whole process for the interior of the tank. And this is prolly the hardest part (just finding enough pictures for the interior can be a major pain in the arse). Unless you don't really care about reproducing exactly the interior, I guess you can get away with it a bit more easily but still. Compared to RO1 and it's mods, I don't think that we will be seeing a lot of tanks. Especially not community-made tanks.

Upvote 0