• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Open Letter To The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me explain how this works.

You play on relaxed realism mode, I play on realism mode.

There's room enough on these forums and on this game for both of our communities without insulting eachother. You have a preference, I have a preference.

I should be able to express an opinion without this bullying type of behavior.

Let ME explain how this works to YOU.

This is a GAME, not a SIMULATOR. If you are complaining about mundane details, you might be looking forward to the wrong game.

Upvote 0
you haven't met many developers then lol

Correction, I've never seen a dev swear in public related to their game, I had quite a few conversations with the DMS dev that made Men of war: AS and yeah, I know they are normal and swear, but I've never seen them do it on a forum or in any press releases. Just was an observation, no reason to downvote me lol.

Upvote 0
some ppl react badly to reading gushing over-the-top praise, (particularly when they have certain reservations about the game's direction) and others see any challange to what the devs say or deem for the game to be disrespectful on a forum where devs are so open - troll tennis is inevitable.

I will say however that as much as i love and have always spoken up for what TWi do, it has to be accepted they are not the only guys out there capable of making a great game or introducing excellent features.

So when some guys react react to that suggestion by presenting features and achievements of other games - as long as they don't have a sneering manner - others shouldn't take that as putting down the boys and automatically rise to Tripwire's defense as if the lads have been slapped round the mush with a glove.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. I know what has happened here, because I myself have experienced it running a 200+ member clan organization.

Ramm-Jaeger has allowed the young and immature players to press his buttons. Some of these kids are super young, a lot younger than you realize, and they're going to try their best to irritate you or knock the game because they, like you implied, just want to prove how smart they aren't.

If I were the president of the company I wouldn't allow negative posts to be made public. Complaints would have to be sent via a private portal. Negative comments and complaints would be deleted and the user warned. This is your business we're talking about. This is your bread and butter. To allow immature kids to deface your product on a public forum is bad business, in my opinion, but also in all due respect so was the manner in your post here. I know what happened, your temper got the best of you (as it has me numerous times in the past) and so you made this here post but it's a bit of a turn off even though you are 100% correct in your statements.

I would just have your mods delete negative posts, and provide to the players a private portal where they can send you negative comments, but they really shouldn't be made public.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't really think there is much more I can say on the subject at hand other then Jaeger has the truth of it, anyone that doesn't agree has the right, but should simply wait rather than complain.

If you still don't trust TWI, ask me or many of the other thousands that will by the game day 1 any questions that are nagging you, also:

Spoiler!

and with it, much press and HD video showing what we want to see.

I would just have your mods delete negative posts, and provide to the players a private portal where then can send you negative comments, but they really shouldn't be made public.

People have been banned for overtly negative or just plain misinformation, and posts deleted, but they should never delete negative posts that have merit. Players tend to disagree which complaints have merit or not.
I don't agree with you here, censorship isn't the solution, it never is. Idiots should be banned if they persist but they should serve as an example to others. Somehow I really feel evil when I say this. :D

Anyways, I'm not really sure what is and isn't on topic anymore on this topic, because he covers so many issues heh.

Upvote 0
I don't agree with you here, censorship isn't the solution, it never is.

It's not censorship if they're allowed to send their negative feedback directly to the developers. If you owned a restaurant would you allow thugs to spray paint all over your building, or is that censorship if you stop it? When you have negative crap posted all over the forum you lose money - period. It's like spray painting graffiti all over a brick and mortar business, it shouldn't be tolerated. There's a lot of players who will visit forums before they purchase a game, just to see what players are saying.

There is absolutely no reason for players to discuss negative things between one another, it's not like they're going to fix it. If they have a problem with the game then the only ones who need to know about it are the game developers. Therefore, make it easier for the players to submit negative feedback. There's just too many childish immature players to allow it to be made public.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.