• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

Guys, the second video continues at 12:55, except without any sound. You can see the artillery then. The explosions look pretty cool, but they don't look 100% right yet. They should be faster and kick up more dirt IMO. Of course it's still alpha.

What a fail though, the upload gets messed up and the guy doesn't even bother to re-upload it. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0
Guys, the second video continues at 12:55, except without any sound. You can see the artillery then. The explosions look pretty cool, but they don't look 100% right yet. They should be faster and kick up more dirt IMO. Of course it's still alpha.

What a fail though, the upload gets messed up and the guy doesn't even bother to re-upload it. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I can't seem to skip to 12:55. If I pull the tab ahead, it does nothing, and if I leave it to play through, it stops at 4:23.

Upvote 0
Worth some image tags Stormer, and thanks for pointing these out!

2nuhf7l.jpg

I'm worried about the recon plane as well. Maybe instead of individual spotted dots, it highlights a general area where most of the enemy is occupying instead?

Did not like CoD's (WaW) recon plane, seeing through buildings and such.

Edit: I might have assumed too much :p it doesn't actually say it will spot enemies, but I still don't know. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But there's an issue, I think. I dont think is the better, but if theres an airplane spotting the enemy, the SL needs to "see" the enemy zone, as reyalpOR says.

Voice descriptions from the pilot would be more realistic, but it would work only in a real war, with soldiers following command and moving as a squad. But take a look at RO:OST, imagine a pilot saying in Danzig "soldiers near the CC"... but c'mon! everything is so unorganized that we KNOW they are soldiers running EVERYWHERE they please. That info wold be useless :s

Don't know if I can express my idea clearly, as you may know english is not my strong point :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd be more scared of how the rocket and mortars are gonna work

I'd imagine it works something like this: Mortars can only kill infantry and cars (I.E BA-64, considering that its armor couldn't even protect if from small-caliber bullets) , artillery strikes can kill infantry, cars, most light vehicles, and can maybe knock the tread off of a tank. Rockets can kill infantry, cars, light vehicles, and if they are very lucky can kill a tank.

I'm worried about the recon plane as well. Maybe instead of individual spotted dots, it highlights a general area where most of the enemy is occupying instead?

Did not like CoD's (WaW) recon plane, seeing through buildings and such.

Edit: I might have assumed too much :p it doesn't actually say it will spot enemies, but I still don't know. :p

I have a feeling it will spot tanks and light vehicles, put a marker within 15m of their position, perhaps, and not do much else. It might also give a rough number of infantry (I.E "Between 5-15 German infantry in Hero's Park") in a cap-zone, but not tell you where or what type.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd imagine it works something like this: Mortars can only kill infantry and cars (I.E BA-64, considering that its armor couldn't even protect if from small-caliber bullets) , artillery strikes can kill infantry, cars, most light vehicles, and can maybe knock the tread off of a tank. Rockets can kill infantry, cars, light vehicles, and if they are very lucky can kill a tank.

I have a feeling it will spot tanks and light vehicles, put a marker within 15m of their position, perhaps, and not do much else. It might also give a rough number of infantry (I.E "Between 5-15 German infantry in Hero's Park") in a cap-zone, but not tell you where or what type.

A katyusha rocket could very, very easily kill any tank from 1942, not merely knock out it's track. The top armor on even the Tiger was thin enough for 20mm aircraft cannons to penetrate, so one of those huge rockets packed with high explosive plunging down on top of a PzIII or PIV would have no trouble turning the tank into bits of scrap littering the landscape.

Gotta correct myself, I don't think 20mm aircraft cannons could penetrate the top armor of a Tiger, but they could on just about any medium tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I gotta say, the germans at the end of the video really look like they are running all out, and it looks real to me. They break right and left rather abruptly, but the running looks awesome.
Thats the way I saw it, too. A little quick on the zig zag, but pretty doggone fluid otherwise. If anything, judging from their scale, I thought at times they might be running a little fast.

Upvote 0
A katyusha rocket could very, very easily kill any tank from 1942, not merely knock out it's track. The top armor on even the Tiger was thin enough for 20mm aircraft cannons to penetrate, so one of those huge rockets packed with high explosive plunging down on top of a PzIII or PIV would have no trouble turning the tank into bits of scrap littering the landscape.

Gotta correct myself, I don't think 20mm aircraft cannons could penetrate the top armor of a Tiger, but they could on just about any medium tank.

Okay, so then a Katyusha or Panzerwerfer can kill tanks. That'll probably be it.

EDIT: That second video being broken is really making me rage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0