• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

since i got a tripod a few weeks back i've been updating some of my gun pics (before i couldn't mess with exposure settings and stocks tended to come out too dark)... here's the latest batch (and a few from last week)

Quality Hardwar M1 Carbine (and i managed to get the pouch to close)
1943_QualityHardware_M1Carbine.jpg

the 1941 VKT M91 i scored for $100
1941_VKT_M91.jpg

1941_VKT_M91a.jpg

the 1943 Izhevsk sniper
1943_Izhevsk_91-30_PU-1.jpg

and the M95
1918_Steyr_M95_Stutzen-2.jpg

i just need to find a better spot than my couch or my ugly chair

Upvote 0

Nice artwork, but why would you put that on your car? :confused:

I like to spot the Guadalupe Murals on tailgates while stuck in traffic. :D

My favorite one was a guy had a mural of his truck in Heaven, and the Blessed Virgin was pointing to a good place to park, while his buddies and him drank cervesa's in the clouds. Good Stuff. :D

Upvote 0
I love german k98s, mostly because they have so many stamps. You can go back and pretty much figure out some of its history about when and were it was made just by the stamps

that stamping on the barrel is the rifles barrel code. Most k98s have them. If you cant see it, its usually under the woodline. The barrel code usually consists of:

1. Manufactoring company. This was the company which made the barrel, but not necesssarily the steel used in the barrel. The companys logo or assigned code could be used.

2. Production year. Only the last two digits of the year were stamped

3. Steel works. This was the company that produced the steel

so its a given the barrel was made in 1943. The reciever was made in 1942. which means when the barrel and reciever were put together, the factory was using surplus leftover recievers from 1942 in 1943. im also pretty sure the W logo is the logo of the company that made the steel. and the 90 is the company that tooled the barrel.

the rifle is a 2nd variation for berlin-lubecker in 1942. The 2nd variation is the "duv" k98 that was assembled by gustloff (another big k98 maker) on a reciever made by berlin-lubecker. While the reciever is coded "duv" its really a "bcd" rifle and the serrial number is within the "bcd" serrial number range, rather than the "duv" range. The most imporant marking that identifys it as a 2nd variation berlin lubecker is the waffenamt "749" final assembly proof on top of the reciever ring above the makers code, which in thie case is "duv" so to clear it all up, the parts where made by 1 factory and sent to another where the rifle was put together.

Thanks! You gave me more info. about my rifle then I received from a site specifically dedicated to Mausers!

On a side note. The 90 has the letters CH stamped in front of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0