• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wewana Play app adds Killing Floor

There is a nice new app for Android and iOS that we've been alerted to, called Wewana: Play. It basically allows you to use your phone to set up games with friends. They've been polling their community for which games they wanted add and, of course, Killing Floor came up. So you can download the app (free), add yourself to the system and get hooked up with other Killing Floor players when you are out and about. For more information: http://wewanaplay.com. App store links: Apple App Store or Google Play

Take a look and let us know what you think!

I don't see a reason why would I want to install this?

What is the difference between using this app and posting into our group in Facebook/Steam? Except that everyone must install it on their phone, register and so on which I doubd that my friends will do ... also this can be viewed only on your phone and posting in Facebook or Steam group can be viewed on Phones and Computers ...

I render this app - useless

p.s.
If there is an app that can set up a dedicated servers on your phone ... that would be very cool ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We have a version of the app being released as a website real soon so those with older phones can still use it.

The idea is to help people connect with new gaming friends, and even friends within their own circles who they did not even realise play the same games.

@Ruman

The main difference is that Facebook does not know who your gaming buddies are or which games they play - something which our app will help solve. It gives you a tool on a device which everyone carries around with them already, thereby making it handy and really simple to organise gaming sessions with large groups of people.

We understand the app may not be for everyone, but I'm sure you will see it's value once you start using it (just like many of the major publishers have seen and now in talks with us as to how we can work together).

Upvote 0
We understand the app may not be for everyone, but I'm sure you will see it's value once you start using it (just like many of the major publishers have seen and now in talks with us as to how we can work together).

Danger! Danger! This is major publisher speak for "eat you alive, suck out all the money and spit you out"... lol

Upvote 0
Hey ummm.. I know this is an old post, but.. You guys want money right? You will do what you can to get it. Have you ever just thought of developing Killing Floor a little more? You know, because isn't that the life of a video game developer? I mean, I don't think you guys got into making games for the soul reason of advertising a bunch of software that has no connection to your company what so ever right?

(Then again, I wonder why many of tripwires games don't really get the professional attention as much as they advertise the hell out of them. Low budget offices should not invest so much in advertisement as a good product speaks for itself.)

My apologies for the extremely late reply.

Upvote 0