• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Killingfloor Phrase dialects?

ruffah

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
Im wondering if there's anyone from the team that created the phrases used in killingfloor, that can give me an pretty accurate answer, what dialect is used in the recordings for communication phrases?

Im really trying to get the hold on, of where the dialect might come from.

Or if there even is a dialect very similar to the one ingame.

My first guess would be Yale, Birmingham.. but im not brittish and im only guessing wildly.

Please, any senior or Employee that might know the answer, reply.. and please dont use any miss guiding asumptions about where they MIGHT be from.. i'd rather know where the actual persons that did the recordings HAVE ::EDIT:: (or did get) their dialect from..

Thanks

Ruffah

Last edited:
Strictly, none of the voices are "cockney" - they are "South London". Or in the local argot - "Sarf Lunnun, innit".

"Apples and pears" is indeed cockney rhyming slang for "stairs". Cockneys are oiks from NORTH of the river. "Apples" is short-hand for "apples and pears".

It isn't "Vince Bruno" - it is "Frank Bruno". Ex-heavyweight boxer, once-upon-a-time world champion, all-round nice guy and buffoon.

"Millwall" is a low-life football (tr. "soccer") team from the East End of London, frequently responsible in prior years for rampant hooliganism and stupidity. This includes tearing up the seats in their own stadium to throw at opposing fans, the players and anyone else in range.

Anything else I can help you with :) ?

Upvote 0
As a pre-emptive strike, I'd just like to clear up that Croydon is a town just south of London, and it's advisable not to visit on a friday night unless you're a level 6 zerker. One time someone thought the phrase was 'It's like crying on a friday night'.

Or if there even is a dialect very similar to the one ingame.

My first guess would be Yale, Birmingham..

Made me lol, as if the devs would make up a dialect, plus, does Yale even have a distinct twist on the language? Brummys or Geordies might be funny voices for the game.

Brummys - People hailing from Birmingham, almost exclusively chavs and thugs. Their dialect is best described by the phrase "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain."

Geordies - People from Newcastle, arguably the worst city in the country (assuming Scotland isn't included). They use wierd words such as 'clundie' to mean drain, and 'penka' to mean marble (as in the toy, not the valuable mineral).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If new vioces/dialects were added to the game I feel Aldridge would need a Yorkshire/Sheffield accent.

The reason being Sheffield is a city in England which is 'famous' for it's Steel production.

Sheffield is much more famous for being the most boring place in the country. A yorkshire accent sound pretty cool I must say.

Upvote 0