• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

v5.19 Beta 6 Bug report:

M99 and xbow Ammo price is negative!
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Ok, Itry soon.

v5.19 Beta 6 New Bug report:
I use it bPauseTraderOnly=False
Players can continue to vote! :eek:
I do not want to stop playing the game!

It is not a bug, it is intended that way. Setting bPauseTraderOnly=true means disabling pause-voting during the wave. Setting it to false allows pause -voting in anytime.
If you want to restrict player voting, you can raise VotePercent in ScrnVoting.ini, or even set it above 100 - this sets admin-only voting:
Code:
[ScrnVotingHandlerMut.ScrnVotingHandlerMut]
VoteCountDown=70
VotePercent=[b]200[/b]

Upvote 0
Why are you so against game pausing during trader time? I agree that pausing during the wave breaks gameplay atmosphere, but trader time already is kind of rest time, so why not to extend it, if majority of players want so? Beside that, server admin can force negative voting or immediately resume the game after it has been pause by voting.

Upvote 0
v5.19 Beta 12 uploaded for testing.
Details here.
Not bad. I see you are trying to counteract the player size problem most servers have. How exactly does the system work? For what I have gathered from your details is that the players have to vote "mvote boring" (?) just to get it to work. Also it deactivates after the wave has ended or a player dies?

Sorry im just wanting to be sure cause im also thinking of making a similar system for my server but in a different way. Just getting ideas, that's all.

Upvote 0
Not bad. I see you are trying to counteract the player size problem most servers have. How exactly does the system work? For what I have gathered from your details is that the players have to vote "mvote boring" (?) just to get it to work. Also it deactivates after the wave has ended or a player dies?

Sorry im just wanting to be sure cause im also thinking of making a similar system for my server but in a different way. Just getting ideas, that's all.

If game feels to slow, players can call a vote by typing "mvote BORING" in the console. If vote passes, zed spawn rate will be doubled by lowering time between zed spawns:
Code:
KFGameType(Level.Game).KFLevelRules.WaveSpawnPeriod *= 0.5;

Upvote 0
Thx for update.

A question:
bAllowLockPerkVote exactly what he was doing? (No description added) and how it can be used!

bAllowLockPerkVote enables/disables "mvote LOCKPERK" and "mvote UNLOCKPERK" voting.
This voting allows players to get rid from unwanted perk for the current game. For example, if you you have 3 sharpshooters in the team and don't want humble bundle newbie to screw up the game with smoke, you can vote:
Code:
mvote LOCKPERK DEMOLITIONS
This disables demolitions perk till the end of the current game. If somebody had taken this perk already, he will be supposed to change it at the end of the wave.

**EDIT:
You can enter "mvote" command into the console to get quick help about all voting commands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to (please) make a request

Any chance of getting a new perk selection hud that clearly illustrates perk bonuses or limits conferred? I run my server with vanity levels but forced level 6 bonuses and oft find people join only to quit 10 seconds later because they assume they're stuck as level 0.

Edit: 4102 hours in MS Paint
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem is that some people just can't read and totally ignore any information you pass to them.

- OMG, my perks levels have been reset to 0! My entire 5-hour farming job on the testmap is lost!

Do you really want such players on your server? Even of then won't rage-quit at the beginning, they will starting nading Scrakes or bullpuping Fleshpounds later :)

How about showing effective bonus level in the perk description?
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Your pictures aren't showing Lacedaemonius.
Check again
Do you really want such players on your server? Even of then won't rage-quit at the beginning, they will starting nading Scrakes or bullpuping Fleshpounds later :)
Yes, because we were all newbies once; if anything that would be all the more reason to invite them so that I and other experienced players could offer advice to help get them started on the right foot.

Upvote 0
Can't wait for the zed adjustments, this game is too easy :D

Keep up the great work poosh :eek:

Just wondering, is it possible to turn off the 'cowboy mode' status message?

Cowboy Mode message can't be turned of, but its position and size can be configured in User.ini:
Code:
[ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnHUD]
CowboyTileY=0.010000
CowboyTileWidth=0.250000
So you can make it smaller or even put outside the screen area.

Upvote 0