• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Weapon Models By tbSP!TF!RE

all these are models i have made in the past and i plan on making more...

if any one would like these models to animate and program for the game KillingFloor feel free to ask me for them. the only one that need more work is the Bennelli Shotgun all it needs is textures but if some one feels kind enough to texture it for me again feel free to ask:D but i want the texture to look like the real deal desert camo as seen here...
http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_m4.php

my friend also wanted me to throw this into the mix i made it in a previous game i used to work on that game was way easier to code tho...
tank-1024x500.jpg

sorry for the big image kinda new don't know how to do the whole hide thing yet.

Attachments

• Bow.png
    Bow.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Grenades.jpg
    Grenades.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • M4:M16.png
    M4:M16.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Shot.png
    Shot.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • SMG.jpg
    SMG.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So let me get this straight, you modeled the exact same model, then textured it exactly the same? Yeah okay. Honestly it looks like you decompiled it from TF2 which also broke the smoothing. If it's really your model post wire frames and I'll go get the model from TF2 and we can compare, other then that I'm pretty convinced it's ripped from TF2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost79
Upvote 0
So let me get this straight, you modeled the exact same model, then textured it exactly the same? Yeah okay. Honestly it looks like you decompiled it from TF2 which also broke the smoothing. If it's really your model post wire frames and I'll go get the model from TF2 and we can compare, other then that I'm pretty convinced it's ripped from TF2.

Ok man first I'm not trying to start anything here so chill out a bit I'm just trying to have fun like everyone else.
And if I did rip it for TF and broke the smoothed textures don't you think I would just smooth it back out I mean it pretty simple to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
while they look very similar, if you look closely it appears as those there are some subtle differences.....check around the trigger and the "barrel" section. the main stock portion also appears to not be exactly the same dimensions. it kinda looks like a he was using the TF2 model as an example and essentially made a freehand copy that comes close to replicating it.

Upvote 0
smoothed textures don't you think I would just smooth it back out I mean it pretty simple to do.

What are smoothed textures? Also, why is the model faceted? Surely you dont think it looks good that way?

while they look very similar, if you look closely it appears as those there are some subtle differences.....check around the trigger and the "barrel" section. the main stock portion also appears to not be exactly the same dimensions. it kinda looks like a he was using the TF2 model as an example and essentially made a freehand copy that comes close to replicating it.

Question is, why would you try to make an exact replica of an asset that you have already ripped? Why not just credit TF 2 and claim the port as yours instead of the model and textures?

Reactions: Octane[Gn3s]
Upvote 0
What are smoothed textures? Also, why is the model faceted? Surely you dont think it looks good that way?

Question is, why would you try to make an exact replica of an asset that you have already ripped? Why not just credit TF 2 and claim the port as yours instead of the model and textures?
I would try to make a replica of something for the same reasons you guys make replica of weapons such the SMG that Z3RO is working on it is very very nice and is almost a exact model why would he take the time to try to get it that way. And when I said smoothed textures I mean edges on the model because if you look at it they are kinda jagged.

Upvote 0
There is a big difference from modeling off a reference image and ripping a model then coping it vertex by vertex. Even if you did model it, the textures are still exactly the same. Post wireframes with the texture sheet and I'll get the wires and texture sheets from the TF2 Model and we can compare.

I would try to make a replica of something for the same reasons you guys make replica of weapons such the SMG that Z3RO is working on it is very very nice and is almost a exact model why would he take the time to try to get it that way.

This is the most asinine comment ever. I model weapons off reference images. Not other peoples geometry. The reason I do this is because then I can claim my models as my own and not other peoples work. Sure it might take more time to model it by yourself then to just copy other peoples stuff, but in the end you can have that feeling of accomplishment, and not knowing all your stuff is based off another persons hardwork. It's one thing to look at another persons wireframes to understand how they overcame hard to model geometry then there's completely copying someones geometry, vertex by vertex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok well i took it off sorry for pissing you guys off so much about a damn model

it may sound a little petty to you but that makes it even worse, because it shows complete lack of respect for fellow 3d artists

taking credit for someone elses work is bad enough but being blase about it really doesn't help matters at all.

sorry to say this but you may have shot yourself in the foot on this, as i expect anyone capable of helping you get these in game will no doubt have no intention of helping you.

Reactions: HaTeMe
Upvote 0
I gotta say it does look pretty much the same, but when I had the files sent to Me, the texture was more grungy and bloody, the gun was even lop sided, took him 3 weeks to make and I saw a screeny a while back of an increment save, also seen more of his models and they are really good, I really don't think he's stolen it, I know I am late to say and have no proof to show... but this is was I have seen from when the files were sent My way

I know he said he took the model, but I am guessing that was to stop people from telling him he stole it... idk, please don't take what I said the wrong way....

Upvote 0
Ok after my light fit of rage I PM'd Yoshiro.

"Honestly the whole situation has got me quite angry so please don't brush me off.. Here is what i am talking about:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=52096http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=52096

Look Spitfire is a wicked modeller and even The Sorrow said:

"I gotta say it does look pretty much the same, but when I had the files sent to Me, the texture was more grungy and bloody, the gun was even lop sided, took him 3 weeks to make and I saw a screeny a while back of an increment save, also seen more of his models and they are really good, I really don't think he's stolen it, I know I am late to say and have no proof to show... but this is was I have seen from when the files were sent My way

I know he said he took the model, but I am guessing that was to stop people from telling him he stole it... idk, please don't take what I said the wrong way.... "

I also saw progressive screens of the model from when he was making it from idea to what everyone saw. This judgement is TOTALLY unproven and total bull****.

Every nail gun i ever used in real life looked just like that so it's extremely common anyway. With all due respect even with his military history Z3RO is being a total TROLL. (I thought there were rules about that?)

I have been participating in these forums, run a Killing Floor clan of over 500, and have also made many character skin contributions already. I want to participate in the forums but if this is how the cards are going to fall I can't with piece of mind continue.

Please fix this."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The content owners disagree. He had a chance to post his source content for a file comparison but refused to do so.

Based then on visual inspection it was deemed that content had been stolen. The games industry is very tight nit, and it isn't too hard to spot this things. It is even easier to arrange a comparison to prove it.

Upvote 0
As far as I know he pulled it because it was disputed. And he was offended. What do you need from me to make sure? I just want this settled... and I really really REALLY appreciate the super fast response time. I figured it would take a week to hear from ya :D I know u r busy 2.

Wow ... really I am impressed. I am literally shocked at how fast u responded.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful I hope you understand. ROCK/ME/HARD PLACE

Reactions: Z3RO and Gooblaster
Upvote 0